Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Custom

short_round

Special thanks to Shooter Grrl for hosting these. We hope to see the Littmans at the Golden Bullet this year. I've had some requests to post these pics so here they are. The limited gun is a Limcat Wildcat in .40 S&W. The open gun is Limcat DragonCat hybrid in .38 Super Comp.

shortround2.jpg

shortround1.jpg

I don't understand how he gets those foo-foo guns to feel so light up front. I've shot somebody else's Phantera (?) and handled short round's DragonCat and they are amazing. Very well balanced. Aluminum or Ti comps? I don't think so. And they are full size barrels and slides.

Alvin,

Nice open gun. I haven't seen Johnny ever use a four port hybrid barrel before. Mean little gun. Now I know why you were asking so many reloading questions.

I'll have to shoot that pistol at a Saturday practice some time.

Rich

I don't understand how he gets those foo-foo guns to feel so light up front. I've shot somebody else's Phantera (?) and handled short round's DragonCat and they are amazing. Very well balanced. Aluminum or Ti comps? I don't think so. And they are full size barrels and slides.

Erik Warren, see those extra mill cuts on the comp? That's the secret. Johnnie does an ancient ornamental dance while he cuts them and blows on the comps secret dust that was handed to him by Ninja Monks from the island of Boracay. Makes the steel light and strong, you see Johnnie is using a secret applied to battle swords, but since swords aren't much used in our sport he modified and applied the ancient technology. :o:rolleyes::D I wonder if Johnnie comes around here much? josh

Hey Joshua,

I'm pretty sure he's been there so many times at the island of Boracay. It is not just for the ninja monks but it is definitely a paradise.

Anyway, nice toys Short round. I still have my tigercat and been shooting it for 5 years now and never had anything to say but all praises for it.

Waiting for my new one which is the Wildcat. Looking forward to shoot it. DVC

• 2 weeks later...

Man. That is the best looking open gun I've ever seen. I have to get me one of those...I don't even want to shoot it first. What does it matter? I'm going to get stomped anyway you slice it, but at least I'd look gooood taking the beating!

Oh my achin' wallet!

- Gabe

• 2 months later...

So ... I've been shooting open for the last couple of months since I'm finding it really hard to put the DragonCat down. The thing is I need to stow the dot away since GSSF is coming up and I need to bust out with the iron sights. So I shoot about 300 rounds through my G23 at practice tonight and then pull out the Limited gun.

OOHHH ... :wub:

I forgot how much fun that gun is.

Short Round, what was Johnny's lead times to build these guns? I'm just curious as I own a Wildcat, and a Phantera, and when he built them a couple of years ago, the lead time was pretty reasonible (a couple of months). Someone just told me that his lead times now are over a year! :huh:

The only thing that I do not like about my Limcats, is that they are too good looking for me. I walk up to the line, people see the equipment and expect some burning performance. Unfortunately, I still shot my old beat up and worn out Para 14-45 to a higher % than I ever shot my Wildcat. :( Of course that is NOT the guns fault! :blink:

If you hadn't said that I could find a new home for it.... :P

I should probably post some pictures up here, but doubt that I would ever sell either of them. I have only had three custom guns built (these two, plus a custom Sako Vixen varmint rifle years ago). However, that said, with work sucking as bad as it is, I guess..... never say never! :unsure:

Of course, I've got a lot of other guns that would go first if something bad happened around here..... :(

Short Round, what was Johnny's lead times to build these guns?

I ordered the Limited gun about this time last year and it took about 5 months. Then a few months ago a little bit after the shot show Johnny says he is about to get a big order that's going to tie him up for long time and if I wanted an open gun now was the time or I would really have to wait. So I sent him a frame I had and 3 weeks later I have an open gun.

Someone just told me that his lead times now are over a year!

That would not surprise me. You might want to call him though. The numbers on the website still work.

Gabe,

Contact Johnny. He's in steel gun hell for the next two weeks in preparation for The Challenge, so probably after Nationals would be a good time to call. With Johnny his lead times can be anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 months. Just depends on what's going on in the shop.

Good work and a great guy! Give him a call.

Rich