Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel No Shoots

Poppa Bear

Just a general survey of when you see steel NS or hardcover and where it is used.

I usually see it in situations where you have multiple targets available through a slot or tight shots past a wall. The NS/HC has multiple chances of being shot so the use of steel makes for a quick auditory signal that the shot attempted missed. I like HC better than NS though, no penalty for a HC hit. :roflol: :roflol:

I use them as no-shoots in front of steel so there are no shoot through.

I have seen them used in a small bay that had a lot of target's that they keep from having shoot throughs.

Brent

Sc sectional, hard cover no shoot behind pepper popper. One ping good two pings no good. Same match and stage hard cover to hide a swinger/zinger. Funny thing you could shoot a head shots on the swinger thing and then shoot the popper that activated the wing zing thing. It rotated 360 and swung left n right.

Edited by a matt

Rayner's uses a steel ns that has a 6 inch square falling steel attached to it beside the head area. This year they have used it on short courses and on long field runs. It has always been around 25-30 yards.

At Circleville last month they were used as hard cover to force shooters deeper into the shooting area.

4.1.3 No-shoots must be clearly marked or be of a single color different from scoring targets. Metal no-shoots in the general size and shape of authorized paper targets may be used. Metal no-shoots do not have a non scoring border.