Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please fill me in on what functions the CED7000 Pro lacks other than not yet having gotten approval from USPSA ..thanks

Well for one it lacks the ability to record B hits. Not an issue for IPSC or the World Shoot, but still one for the USPSA. Haven't used one, and that's the only one brought to my attention so far.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please fill me in on what functions the CED7000 Pro lacks other than not yet having gotten approval from USPSA ..thanks

1. Doesnt account for 'B' zone hits.

2. Doesnt record what 'type' of penalty.

3. Isnt likely to be approved by USPSA or NROI in its current state.

From this thread:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136220&pid=1551042&st=25entry1551042

I'm sure that someday we'll have a full function device that does all this and more.

I assume there were also issues when they moved from stopwatches and pendulums to timers and chrono's.

... and most of you don't will never know the 'backstage' of a large IPSC match ... and I really hope you don't.

I had the pleasure to organize a 'continental-level' match many years ago; over 500 shooters, 28 stages, 2 facilities, 5 days of shooting, the works ... took 11 months to put together, the match was a success, did not manage to shot a single round, still waiting for a simple thank you from IPSC 'management'

I burn-out, I have not organized or being involved in IPSC 'politics' since then, I am just a shooter, pay my fee, help paste and score and I go home. I feel bad for my local club, but they know my background.

Interesting tidbit:

On a popular social networking site, someone has started a 'free speech zone' for ipsc shooters. They have immediately been slammed with threats from 'you know who' ...saying that ipsc can only be discussed at the global village, and that people will be "disciplined"

Fun stuff.

• 2 weeks later...