Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRM3G 2012 -- Moving to the third weekend in October

Bring a twig with you Chris, and you'll easily throw Brian off his game. Just make sure you can run faster than he can, which should be no problem if you hit him in the right spot.

Make sure to get his other leg

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bring a twig with you Chris, and you'll easily throw Brian off his game. Just make sure you can run faster than he can, which should be no problem if you hit him in the right spot.

Make sure to get his other leg

You guys are just mean :roflol: ......... Okay, I'll come clean there was a stick remark in my last post that was deleted before it hit the board :devil: I need all the good karma I can get. The Midwest twig conspiracy almost needs a place in the "I was there" topic.

Edited by Shooter115

Registration will be from noon until 5:00 p.m. and 6:30 until 8:00 p.m. Wednesday. I don't know about the restaurant right now, but I will send an email and try to have that info tomorrow.

Be ready for the TFD Auction and Raffle!!! The raffle is for a DPMS Rifle! So far in the auction, we are offering:

• Bushnell Elite Scope

• JP Rifle from JP Enterprises

• Winchester Super X3 from Davidson’s Gallery of Guns

• Leupold Mark 6 1-6x

• Duck Hunt from Primm Springs

• Hog Hunt from GA Wild Hog Hunts

• And several other items that will be arriving soon!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE COMPANIES THAT SUPPORT 3-GUN!!! You can find such fantastic companies listed on the BRM3G Sponsor Page!!!

This will be my 1st time shooting this match. What kind of ranges/target sizes should I be prepared to shoot with the rifle, pistol, and shotgun?

Based on past years-

5" plate out to 25 w/ pistol

full size IPSC out to 100 w/ pistol

full size IPSC out to 100 w/ slugs

MGM Flasher out to 450+ w/ rifle

Iron Madien at 550 w/ rifle

Don't worry though, the rifle targets are usually at the end of the stage, after your winded from running 100 yards through the woods.

I LOVE THIS MATCH!

This will be my 1st time shooting this match. What kind of ranges/target sizes should I be prepared to shoot with the rifle, pistol, and shotgun?

Based on past years-

Don't worry though, the rifle targets are usually at the end of the stage, after your winded from running 100 yards through the woods.

I LOVE THIS MATCH!

Running just 100 yards.....haha that's just to get to the 1st shooting position!

Based on past years-

I LOVE THIS MATCH!

Full size IPSC out to 100 with the pistol? Seriously?

Edited by mark97se

He is absolutely serious.

Steel or paper? Just wondering if hits would be audible.

We had some long distance pistol paper 2 years ago, but I don't remember if they were 80 or 100.

After shooting 5" plates at 25 or 30, a full size IPSC at 100 seems big.

Let's not exaggerate...we don;t want people to be disappointed. Those pistol paper were 75 yards. Some of the pistol plates were over 25 yards on stage 4 last year. Smoke was rolling out of my Glock. Started with SG, birds and slugs mixed. Then a 40 yrd run. Shoot a couple of dozen pistol. Then I got to pick up my rifle and sprint another 150 yards thru the woods, shoot some paper and steel, run another 50 yards out into the middle of a field, take a sitting position and shoot some flashers from 100-175 yrds. Took be over 3 minutes.

Nice thing was the golf cart that picked each shooter up to take them back to the start postion so we did not have to wait for everyone to walk all the way back. Nothing beat Rockastle hospitality.

Let's not exaggerate...we don;t want people to be disappointed. Those pistol paper were 75 yards. Some of the pistol plates were over 25 yards on stage 4 last year. Smoke was rolling out of my Glock. Started with SG, birds and slugs mixed. Then a 40 yrd run. Shoot a couple of dozen pistol. Then I got to pick up my rifle and sprint another 150 yards thru the woods, shoot some paper and steel, run another 50 yards out into the middle of a field, take a sitting position and shoot some flashers from 100-175 yrds. Took be over 3 minutes.

Nice thing was the golf cart that picked each shooter up to take them back to the start postion so we did not have to wait for everyone to walk all the way back. Nothing beat Rockastle hospitality.

:)

Lots of running on this one, and no way to go prone (as far as I remember) a the last position because of the grass...

Edited by gose

Last years stage 4 was a blast. The grass on the final targets did keep you from going prone. Target spread made sitting a bit awkward too. I shot those standing. There was a lot more oxygen at Rockcastle than at the Whitington Center. :roflol:

I guess the long pistol shots were on stages I wasn't able to shoot, because of the downpours.

Update on the match schedule:

Registration will be open on Wednesday noon until 5:30 and 7:00 until 8 p.m.

Shooters meeting Thursday morning at 7:15.

• The ROTC Color Guard from Western Kentucky University will be presenting the colors, so please show up!

Shooting begins at 7:45 each day.

The restaurant will be open at 6:00 for breakfast each day.

Rockcastle will have inexpensive, good food for dinner available each night at the tent.

The TFD Auction will be held on Saturday night before the awards.

Andy

1348962602[/url]' post='1788422']
1348947575[/url]' post='1788335']

:)

Lots of running on this one, and no way to go prone (as far as I remember) a the last position because of the grass...

Stage 4 was one of the more physically challenging stages. Lots of running with an additional 10lbs of mud on your boots if you ran it after (during) a rain shower. I needed that golf cart to carry me back.roflol.gifBRM3G is one of the most fun and challenging matches I've attended. I hate that I'm going to miss it this year.

Update on the match schedule:

The TFD Auction will be held on Saturday night before the awards.

Andy

Trying to finalize the travel plans. What time is the match sched to end, and awards wrap up. Is there food that night. I am looking for general feel as I know an exact timeline is impossible. Trying to plan on at least some drive time towards home afterwards.

thanks

Jay