Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRM3G 2012 -- Moving to the third weekend in October

Super excited about attending BRM3G for my first time in a few weeks, but I have a few questions for some of the vets. This match adds a few elements that I've never had to work with in 3 gun competition.

Slings. I have never been to a match that incorporated slung weapons. I have a VTAC sling for my rifle and am planning on getting a second for my shotgun. One of the great things about the sling is it's versatility for different carry positions without unslinging the weapon, ie: chest, low ready or back, muzzle up just by swinging the weapon around your body. Now from I've been able to tell by previous years video footage, there is a lot of vigorous movement at this match including crawling under and over obstacles. If one is carrying the rifle on your back for a climbing obstacle then has to transition to a firing position, by nature of how the sling functions the muzzle at some point is facing rearward. I realize that the weapon would be completely empty, but how does this work. Do you completely unsling as to keep a muzzle up or muzzle down status, is it just an unsaid rule you carry one way or the other throughout a COF, or is it understood that the weapon is completely empty and dare I say a non-issue.There's nothing in the rules that covers this.

Buckshot. Also never been to a match that used buckshot. What do they use for targets and typically at what ranges?

Shot size. I didn't see allowed shot size anywhere in the match rules either. I don't see any spinners in the stage descriptions so I'm assuming I won't need the 3" Turkey loads, but some high brass flight control 6's sure might not hurt if there is some longer range steel.

I'm sure I will have more as the match gets closer. Thanks in advance to those that help a BRM3G newb.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shoooter

The VTAC will be fine for the shotgun. In the past how you sling the weapon is up to you because it will have an empty chamber/empty weapon. As far as shot size I have used 7.5/8 for the last 4 years. I was with Andy when he did the stages pattern your shotgun with buckshot at least 25 yds.

Bret

SIDE SHOOT!!!

RCI Systems is going to run a Shotgun Speed Shoot to benefit the Task Force Dagger Foundation during the match. The side shoot will be located just down the hill from the hotel where we have had stages in the past, near the sight in area. There will be a payout of 50%, with the rest of the proceeds going to TFD. Let's see who has the fastest trigger speed and transitions!!!

Only 5 more weeks!

If the side match is like it was at Ozark...Ammo is provided so don't worry about that..and you can shoot as many times as you can afford (it was $10)!

Proceeds go to a great cause and who doesn't want to play with an XRAIL!?

If the side match is like it was at Ozark...Ammo is provided so don't worry about that..and you can shoot as many times as you can afford (it was $10)!

Proceeds go to a great cause and who doesn't want to play with an XRAIL!?

No doubt. I think my daughter spent about $100 there!!!

Alright it's a little different than Ozark!

Semi autos this time (no short stroking issues..HA!)...you have a choice between the Compact or the Integrated XRAIL.

$10 for comp (12 shots)

$20 for integrated (24 shots)

So there will be 2 different setups at the site.

Ammo provided!

FUN FOR ALL!!!

***come on Katie Francis :lol:

Edited by k1kelli

Hi Folks,

One of the guys put together this document (CLICK HERE) which has the Stage Synopses and Diagrams. Thought I would post it in case anyone wants to print it for reference. The usual disclaimer still applies, that all is subject to change once we start putting the stages on the ground.

Andy

All 3 guns on every stage and a round count of more than 500 - now that's a multi-gun match, Andy!

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, I think it's unfair to characterize BRM3G without also mentioning up to 40 minutes of actual on the clock shooting, if you don't time out!

All 3 guns on every stage and a round count of more than 500 - now that's a multi-gun match, Andy!

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, I think it's unfair to characterize BRM3G without also mentioning up to 40 minutes of actual on the clock shooting, if you don't time out!

Concur - forgot to even mention all that on-the-clock trigger-time, though we're always seeking to limit it. You know you're shooting a lot when your trigger finger starts to ache and seize up.

:cheers:

All 3 guns on every stage and a round count of more than 500 - now that's a multi-gun match, Andy! One quick question - aside from stage 4, do all slug targets require just one hit anywhere? I'm tracking stage 4 ONLY requires 1 A or two hits anywhere.

Thanks,

Doug

Its Three Gun, done the way that Hooked Me to to shoot 3GUN. Thanks Andy

You know you're shooting a lot when your trigger finger starts to ache and seize up.

I'm so excited. Maybe this will be the cure to a problem I've been having lately with my trigger finger twitching quite a lot. It started when I began looking at the stage designs. :rolleyes:

gose,

You're right, the 8 rounds are if you put 1 A hit on each target. I thought this would be an interesting risk/reward situation. Thank you to whoever brought this idea out in another thread a while back!!

Andy

gose,

You're right, the 8 rounds are if you put 1 A hit on each target. I thought this would be an interesting risk/reward situation. Thank you to whoever brought this idea out in another thread a while back!!

Andy

Some of the local matches around here have been doing just that, definitely a more interesting situation with a shotgun than with a rifle, both in tac and in open. :cheers:

Can I get a rule clarification?

6.3.2.6 No shotgun in Tactical class may be loaded with more than 9 rounds at any time, or hold over 8

rounds in the magazine tube.

Does this mean no more than 8 at the start or no more than an 8 round tube?

It's written a little different than some other equipment division rules.

Can I get a rule clarification?

6.3.2.6 No shotgun in Tactical class may be loaded with more than 9 rounds at any time, or hold over 8

rounds in the magazine tube.

Does this mean no more than 8 at the start or no more than an 8 round tube?

It's written a little different than some other equipment division rules.

If you have a tube that will hold more than 8, plug it. If you start with a loaded chamber, no more than 9 total, if you start with an empty chamber, no more than 8 in the gun any place (no "ghost loading" Benellis)

As for slightly different rules than other matches, aren't "outlaw" matches great?