Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow magazines

steel1212

Eventually I'll buy either the Shadow or the 75 T for myself so I'll need some magazines for it. It looks like a lot of you guys go with the Mecgars to save *gulp* 20$ per mag :surprise:

The question I have is how does the basepad of the mecgar 19 rounder feel in the hand vs the CZ 18 rounder basepad? Can anybody take a pic and show me what the mecgar mag looks like in the gun?

At the GA state match someone said they barely fit in the box with the Mecgar mags. Maybe one of the other CZ shooters can comment. I only use factory mags.

That would suck! I know everybody was shocked when the shadow I have fit the IDPA box the other day :roflol:

off topic, which CZ did you buy? was it from the custom shop?

i've only seen the mec-gar long tube mag once, they are pretty much the same thing... but i don't know if one is dimensionally longer than the other. they both feel the same in the hand.

many of us run the $21 sixteen round mec-gar mags with the $3 beretta rubber pads or $9 compact rubber basepads.

off topic, which CZ did you buy? was it from the custom shop?

i've only seen the mec-gar long tube mag once, they are pretty much the same thing... but i don't know if one is dimensionally longer than the other. they both feel the same in the hand.

many of us run the $21 sixteen round mec-gar mags with the $3 beretta rubber pads or $9 compact rubber basepads.

I'm still running a borrowed SP01 shadow T. With my big hands I like the basepad on the 18 round CZ mags as I actually use it as part of the grip.

Eric got a pic of the berretta mag setup? You said the mecgar is thick why is that bad?

it fills the palm of my hand ( small ) so I don't get as much control on the tube as I want.

here is the 16rnd mag with beretta pad. make the mag about same length as SP01 mag, and they are only $4-$5 each

IMG_5642.jpg

Eric got a pic of the berretta mag setup? You said the mecgar is thick why is that bad?

it fills the palm of my hand ( small ) so I don't get as much control on the tube as I want.

here is the 16rnd mag with beretta pad. make the mag about same length as SP01 mag, and they are only $4-$5 each

IMG_5642.jpg

That seems to be a much cheaper route to go also! Where would I find these basepads? I did a google and didn't see anything.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/for-beretta-92-96-black-rubber-magazine-pad-15-10rd-mds-brand/

p.s. FWIW... I've sold all my CZ mags and now use all MecGar 17+2 mags. Since the move, I have never experienced any feeding or jamming issues, which I experienced with stock mags with +10% springs. FYI... I'm an L/XL size hand guy.

Edited by justaute

As eerw showed the 17 +2 are longer but this could be good or bad thing, depends on how u look at it. The are taller in mag holder which makes easier to grap but will also stick in your side more. This have never been a problem for me as it gives me more to hold on to. Go big or go home :cheers::roflol:

I have both the stock CZ mags and the Mecgar 17+2. Prefer the Mecgars. No issues at all with them. Stockers have weak springs IMO and don't fall out of the gun as well during mag changes(they sometimes hang). The stock CZ mags only come out of the bag if my Mecgars are filthy and I don't have time to clean them before the next stage.

After spending a bunch of loot on the 19rd Factory Shadow mags (I have large-ish hands too and like how the longer base pads lock-in my support-hand), and then of course, the pretty much essential +10% springs too, I eventually ended up going to the 19rd Mec-Gar AFC mags also... there's just no comparison quality-wise, the AFC mags are just flat out better IMO (not to mention a bunch cheaper).

Got 'em here: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97_130&products_id=592&zenid=5cc574322f349589b98c5c82a2c1aaca

Edited by ck1

I might have to try them out. I assume that you guys are still using +10% springs in the MecGars........

As far as I can tell it seems the springs that come in the Mec-Gar mags are even stronger than the +10% springs for the factory mags from CZC , no real need to change 'em IMO (especially if you go with the 17rd AFC mags over the 19rd ones which I bet just have the same springs but with Mec-Gar's +2 baseplate added).

another plus for the mecgars is i called them to see about gettting new followers and the lady that I talked with said no need to order the followers that the mags have lifetime warranty and if you have any problems, send the mag back for replacement. this is what she told me but you can follow-up if doubtful. But they have worked flawlessly for 1.5years of use.

I might have to try them out. I assume that you guys are still using +10% springs in the MecGars........

As far as I can tell it seems the springs that come in the Mec-Gar mags are even stronger than the +10% springs for the factory mags from CZC , no real need to change 'em IMO (especially if you go with the 17rd AFC mags over the 19rd ones which I bet just have the same springs but with Mec-Gar's +2 baseplate added).

Good to know, thanks for the info.