Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want "Thicker" 1911, Single-Stack G-10's..

gunfixer

The "Perfect Feel" is that of my self-fitted STI, double-stack Edge Grip...

I have Mag-Tech(sp?) Diagonal grooved G-10's on my IDPA single stack, but would like them "Thicker...",

closer to the feel of my Edge... 'Been thinking of making spacers but it'd be easier to buy them, or buy thicker grips..

Can you guys steer me in a good direction?

Thanks all..!

-Eric!-

Edited by gunfixer

I have huge hands and very long fingers so I am the same way, I like a thicker gun. I was buying them for a bobtailed gun and I couldn't find spacers anywhere. I went with some custom grips from Sarge43 on 1911forum.com He does all kinds of custom grips from all sorts of materials. I went with a 3/8 in thick grip but to be honest it didn't help all that much. The oval shape of the grips were the problem. I too love the feel of my EDGE and I think its because of the square dimensions. Maybe you could have some squareish grips made.

Good luck in your search.

Cheers

Larry Davidson made me some thick Horned Lizards for my attempt to make my single stack feel like a double stack. I stopped shooting my 1911 right after that and didn't check to see if they made weight, but I didn't worry as I figured he could hollow the back of them out if needed. If I had it to do over again I'd ask him when I ordered if they needed weight removed before he shipped them.

Edited by sheepdog

Thanks for all these responses..!

Sorry all, I guess I don't know how to set up

for instant notification of responses to my posts..

Those "Mondo", black synthetic grips, whatever they are look great..!

What ARE they? I don't recognize the, what look like..,

mountains(?) logo..

Edited by gunfixer

Well, gunfixer, I wanted those the minute I saw them but diehli said "if they were still made" and indeed the Pinnacle Guns web site shows them discontinued. Gives me something else to prowl the forum for sale ads for. Hit the link under the photo.

I've been looking for a set of those pinacle's for awhile - I don't think people are inclined to part w. them... If anyone can render some, my neighbor has a CNC plastic shop - I could probably get him to make some.

IF that happens, put me in line for TWO sets....

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...