Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske Colorado State MG Championship

With the call for more "mid-level" matches, here is one. This will be an 8 stage match with about 40 rounds required per stage held at Colorado Rifle Club near Byers, CO (40 miles East of Denver International Airport). Match fee has not yet been determined, but it will be about half of what the majors charge. We will have a prize table/payout based on performance. We are also planning a shoot-off with a Pros and Joes concept.

For the most part, the stage designer (there will be 8 of them) will also be the CRO for the stage. We already have a few stages coming together. The all shotgun stage will wander out on the prairie, and the stage designer has plans for you to shoot from and around vehicles. The all rifle stage will stretch out to about 550 yards. The all pistol stage will have every single target moving or falling, if you get dizzy you may want to take dramamine!

This will be a Level II USPSA MG match using the Time-Plus option. 1 A/B or 2 anywhere on paper, steel must indicate to score and no major/minor requirements.

Anyone interested in helping, ROing or sponsorship, please drop me a note.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well, kind of got dumped on by some majors after we had already picked a date, so I guess we will have to move. Texsa MG is the weekend before and Rockcastle Shotgun on the same weekend. Don't want to keep some of the locals from going to a major...

We have 6 stage plans already...

Edited by MarkCO

Keep the date as is..........I have a 3 day weekend at work I can use and friends in Denver who are free as well. There never is a perfect weekend to schedule it.

Done, just for you. :cheers:

At our local MG match today, most people were not concerned about missing the Texas match to help run the Colorado match and were not planning on the SG at all, so we are not changing the date.

• 1 month later...

Website is now up: Colorado MG Championship

UM... Nice background!?! ;)

You like it any better now?

I just need some photos and time to work with it. I've got to get the photos the right size so they don't take so long to download. I'll work on it next week.

Edited by Fried Chicken Blowout

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Stag and MGM for their support of this match!

Application should be up on the webpage later today.

In anticipation of some questions...

No, there is no match shirt. No, you are not going to pay for food you do not want. Yes, there will be a food vendor at the range. There will be some kind of trophy/plaque for the State Champions in the recognized divisions. There will be cash payouts for at least the top three in each recognized division. Yes, stages will be posted after they are approved.

Thanks to Stag and MGM for their support of this match!

Application should be up on the webpage later today.

In anticipation of some questions...

No, there is no match shirt. No, you are not going to pay for food you do not want. Yes, there will be a food vendor at the range. There will be some kind of trophy/plaque for the State Champions in the recognized divisions. There will be cash payouts for at least the top three in each recognized division. Yes, stages will be posted after they are approved.

Only a 16 hour drive.. Sweet.

This one is on the list.

Edited by maineshootah

Yes, there will be a food vendor at the range.

For those of who never been out to this range, this is going to be your ONLY CHOICE unless you bring food to the match with you. Not exactly a fun drive going back into town.

• 2 weeks later...

...finally saw the website....

Unfortunately, the website explains what this thread didn't, namely you HAVE to be a USPSA member to shoot this match. :angry2:

...and a prize table and everything. Too bad.

ericm

Edited by ericm

Unfortunately, the website explains what this thread didn't, namely you HAVE to be a USPSA member to shoot this match. :angry2:

ericm

Its a USPSA sanctioned Level 2 match so membership is required. Membership is easy and quick online. I just shot in a match that was $300 per shooter... That was a little painful to fork out. But the combined fees for this one isn't too bad. :cheers:

ericm

Tell you what Eric, send in your app and entry fee and I will pay for your USPSA membership out of my own pocket. If you don't want to renew, then don't.

Thank you, Mark!

This is a very generous response from the Range Master of the match!

I do want to see this match do well, as well as the frequent 3-gun matches at CRC that Mark puts on. We need good 3-gun matches along the Front Range!

Mark, I'm in, (but how many more of my Front Range "Outlaw" 3-gun friends (non-USPSA members) are you willing to sponsor???) :roflol:

I don't know what all this Level II stuff entails, but there's gotta be an easier way to let everyone attend. :unsure:

ericm