Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GEN 4 extended mag release

atomicferret

I asked this same question some months ago and there was nothing available then but one of the members here was building up the stock one with extra material.

I also wonder what the FBI mag release looks like that I have read about (but never seen) on other forums.

I was going to buy the one from Glock store, I think that was the site, but read some bad reviews about it causing misfeeds. I ended up getting another gen 4 release and cutting the texture area from one and attaching it to the other with plastic welder. I then sanded it flush and it works great and even looks factory. Ill post a pic if I can get them hosted or attach one.

• 2 years later...

Bringing this one up from the dead...

I've got wee little hands and I'd love to be able to drop my G35 Gen4 mag w/o switching my grip. Anybody have any experience with that Tango Down Vickers model? It's been out for a couple of years...

• 7 months later...

I'm not going to install a billet release. The aluminum against the polymer isn't a good combo. The mag and the grip will lose that battle.

There is now a Ghost extended release. It is basically stock with an extra 2mm sticking out laterally. Any experience with this one?

That's what I thought from the stock photos... I don't need a lateral extension (more meat sticking out from the grip), I need an extension that reaches toward the backstrap. Anybody seen such a beast?

I ordered one of the extended mag releases from glockstore.com. Its not the aluminum mag release and has a tear drop pad which extends back. Just came in today and I installed it but haven't shot it. Jury is still out on this one.

http://www.glockstore.com/mag-parts-extensions/teardrop-extended-mag-release-for-glocks-gen-1-3

• 2 weeks later...

The Glockstore item actually looks really good. I need to know more about it, though. I'm hoping someone (hint hint, sheepdog...) will get great photos of this new item...and a review of its use in competition.