Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Damned Cricket!

JThompson

I don't know where that little bugger is, but if i find him he dies. First he was somewhere under the smith bench, next he was pinging by the TV. This morning he's under my computer bench somewhere.

Hmmm, maybe I can hire an out of work Mantis! :devil:

JT

Edited by JThompson

ma

I like crickets and the noise they make. It reminds me of when I was growing up.

I like cricket noise, too. And for the very same reason. OTOH I can certainly sympathize with someone who doesn't like the sound, I imagine it could be very irritating when Jiminy cranks up just as you're trying to go to sleep. :lol:

There was a small pond across the roadway from my house in Centralia, WA some time back... and when it was frog season, we had (and I don't exaggerate) a deafening wall of noise every summer night. Somehow I got used to it--and then came to appreciate it. It was like thousands of high-pitched shrieks all happening at once. Hard to describe. "Wall of noise" comes the closest. :D

Yeh, kinda. :D It's a noise that's really hard to describe.

I mentioned this "cricket" thread to a friend over the phone tonight and he said a co-worker secretly stashed a cricket in his work area some years ago and they couldn't find it for two weeks! :devil:

And this was in a high-end jewelry store in a local mall! :lol:

There was a small pond across the roadway from my house in Centralia, WA some time back... and when it was frog season, we had (and I don't exaggerate) a deafening wall of noise every summer night. Somehow I got used to it--and then came to appreciate it. It was like thousands of high-pitched shrieks all happening at once. Hard to describe. "Wall of noise" comes the closest. :D

:surprise: