Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Indiana USPSA Section/State Championship

Great match! A big thanks to Jake and all the staff; a job well done! You even ordered up some great weather this year! I had a blast. All the stages were a lot of fun. Colin didn't win a gun so I let him ride home with me!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great match! A big thanks to Jake and all the staff; a job well done! You even ordered up some great weather this year! I had a blast. All the stages were a lot of fun. Colin didn't win a gun so I let him ride home with me!

Lol!

what was your favorite stage?

The one called "Chronograph".

...actually, I liked the three small stages. One focused on fine accuracy, one on timing activators and swingers, and one on angles.

I thought the field courses were awesome. Stage 5 was my 2nd to last stage. I was clean up to that point. Unfortunately I forgot where my front sight was and threw 2 Mike's! :angry2:

Edited by E K

Jacob and I also want to say thanks for a great match.

Jacob is the 11 year old Jr shooter. Placed 54th in production.

He had a couple rough stages as did we all.

He failed to engage a target on stage 10 and shot thru a few barrels on stage 8 that cost him 4 misses and kinda bummed him.

The staff and the folks on our squad where great to Jacob and I want to say thanks for that.

The first thing Jacob asked me after the match as we got in the truck was " When is the next match and I will pay my own entry fee ". And that folks made my day!

Thanks again from Stephen and Jacob Birurakis

I was impressed. He did very well. Kudos to you both.

My multi quote didn't work (user error, I'm sure).

I liked all the stages. Stage 11 hurt my overall (4 of my 7 penalties). It was brought to my attention that I was pushing the gun on the distance shots (I swear that sight lifted in the middle of the target every time). I did pull out two top 5's (Stage 4 on the speed shoot being one of them). Stage 8 presented so many options. I chose one and stuck with it. Took one on the left and then shot up the right ending in the corner (10). Shot right to left from the corner (8 shots). Came back across middle and shot on the move target in the corner and two on the left side (6). Last position, I shot 8 from the left corner. Time wasn't horrible, but I think there were a few better ways.

Stage 7 was awesome, mainly because I worked it with Jen and Gary (I was the bald fat guy). I wish there was video of the shooter than forgot the two distance targets and didn't realize it until the last position. Let's just say, I didn't see the gun, but he got to see my butt and elbows flying in retreat (thankfully, Jen was able to watch the gun). I believe there to have been 11 FTE's on that stage. One individual forgot the two on the left, another forgot 1 on the left.

I really liked stage 7 as well. Those tough long shots combined with runnin' gunnin' hoser shots were alot of fun, and there were some good options.

All of the stages were really good, in my opinion. I just wish I shot them better!

2nd Overall in Limited

Stage 11, only got 1/2 the thing videoed.... I started on the right marks, engaged that array, then the left, and then the far left, reloaded (then the video starts). Seemed like a good idea at the time, looking back, it was probably a wash.

MIke.

Great finish Mike, You had some very good runs. Had a great time shooting with you and the rest of the squad! Congrats!

Patrick

I liked stage 3 the best. I also like stage 7, but it was my first stage of the day so I just wanted to get it done.

Congrats to my squadmates on squad 11. Todd for the Open win and Brandon for high C in Limited.

One of the coolest things about our sport is the current addition of the USPSA's Rules and it even covers awards and recognition

The Indiana USPSA Championship Match will follow the Appendix A2 for plaques

This was a sanctioned Level II Match

The only different that is not covered in A2 is that we also awards the High Overall Indiana State Resident in each Division. (Since this is the Indiana State Championship Match, which surprises me that not more Indiana Shooters don't come out for it)

APPENDIX A2

USPSA Recognition

Prior to the commencement of a match, the organizers must specify which

Division(s) will be recognized.

Unless otherwise specified, USPSA sanctioned matches will recognize Divisions

and Categories based on the number of registered competitors who actually compete

in the match, based on the following criteria:

1. Divisions

Level I and Level II A minimum of 5 competitors per Division (recommended)

Level III / Nationals A minimum of 10 competitors per Division

(mandatory)

2. Categories

Division status must be achieved before Categories are recognized.

All level matches A minimum of 5 competitors per Division

Category (see approved list below)

3. Individual Categories:

Categories approved for individual recognition are as follows:

a. Lady

b. Junior Competitors under the age of 18 on the first day

of the match.

c. Senior Competitors over the age of 55 on the first day of

the match

d. Super Senior Competitors over the age of 65 on the first day of

the match. A competitor over the age of 65 on the

first day of the match may enter Senior Category

only if Super Senior is unavailable.

e. Military Military personnel on current active duty orders.

f. Law Full-time law enforcement officers with arrest

powers.

4. Individual Classes:

Division status must be achieved before Classes are recognized.

Level I and Level II A minimum of 5 competitors per Class (recommended)

Level III and Nationals A minimum of 10 competitors per Class (mandatory)

So after reading this to make it simple

High Overall per division

High Overall per division Indiana State Champion

Every Division had enough to recognize

Classes are 1 per 5 in a class (5 competitors, recognize 1st, 10-2nd, 15-3rd etc)

Break down for match

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=5777

I will start working on getting the plaques ordered begining next week, I am moving my son into college the next couple of days

I had a lot of fun shooting and working the match! :D

Thanks to everyone who helped reset Stage 9 when they were shooting. We did not have a single squad slow us down with not pasting. Some were even so eager that they were in the RO's way to score. :huh:

Great job Jake and everyone else who got this set up!

Chris