Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My dry fire training tool

CSPCRX

Great idea!

Do you have to cock the hammer each time you dry fire in order to use the laserlyte pro trainer?

For example, with a Glock one would have to rack the slide after each pull of the trigger. Is this correct?

Many thanx for sharing! :cheers:

So far

1) bsdubois00

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the one I am using, LT Pro, senses the click and it triggers the laser.

They have a caliber specific one that works like a snap cap and has a pressure sensor on it to trigger the laser.

I am not a glock shooter but from what I have seen you have to cycle the slide to recock the weapon.

If your interested in a target let me know, we still have some unaccounted for so I can get them made.

I don't know if your willing to release the parts list used for this awesome idea, because I live in Canada and the shipping would be a little more pricey. I'd like to try and build one myself. I'm just starting out in the world of competitive shooting and this would be great, since it takes about an hour and a half to get to the gun club, and with a 1 yr old at home not as much time to go HAHA.

Edited by Fyrmn718

I posted the link, earlier in the tread for the circuit. Its basically that with plexi glass to act as the sensor to spread the light for the photo sensor.

After I get a few built, I have more local interest so I am going to order the stuff this week. We could look at what it would cost to get one to you, if the plans dont work out. By that point I would be able to get a real accurate cost on the shipping with a zip, or what ever its called in canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost have 10 circuits built, targets have arrived and waiting on plexi.

I also have to order shipping boxes, since I can not find anything locally that will fit the unique size and shape of the target.

That should not hold things up. I figure I will have the circuits done in the next day or so and the plexi will be ready later this week.

Then I can start assembling and getting shipping costs and putting them in the mail.

Thanks for your patience.

Here is the latest list, if there is someone who is missing or not on it please update the list.

Thank you.

1) bsdubois00

2) Racer377

3) Ofishl1

4) Tcurrin

5) vluc

6)

7)

8)

Ill take one depending on shipping to Alaska. I want the USPSA model. If you can just send me the circuit with hardware and instructions on how to install it on my own target that will be fine. Also might cut down on shipping.

Almost have 10 circuits built, targets have arrived and waiting on plexi.

I also have to order shipping boxes, since I can not find anything locally that will fit the unique size and shape of the target.

*********HOW MANY DO YOU NEED AND WHAT SIZE, I MAY HAVE THEM IN THE PACKING DEPT AT WORK**********

That should not hold things up. I figure I will have the circuits done in the next day or so and the plexi will be ready later this week.

Then I can start assembling and getting shipping costs and putting them in the mail.

Thanks for your patience.

Here is the latest list, if there is someone who is missing or not on it please update the list.

Thank you.

1) bsdubois00

2) Racer377

3) Ofishl1

4) Tcurrin

5) vluc

6)

7)

8)

Ill take one depending on shipping to Alaska. I want the USPSA model. If you can just send me the circuit with hardware and instructions on how to install it on my own target that will be fine. Also might cut down on shipping.

That's a good idea. Targets are the easiest things to get!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. Work has had me traveling a lot.

I am building 10 right now. Finished circuits the other night, still have to test them.

So I am hoping to start assembling some next week and have them complete and ready to ship.

I have all of the pieces now.

This way those who wanted one can have one.

I appreciate your understanding, lots going on, but I will get these built.

I will keep you updated.

Ok sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. Work has had me traveling a lot.

I am building 10 right now. Finished circuits the other night, still have to test them.

So I am hoping to start assembling some next week and have them complete and ready to ship.

I have all of the pieces now.

This way those who wanted one can have one.

I appreciate your understanding, lots going on, but I will get these built.

I will keep you updated.

so what are your thoughts on shipping just the circuit board, hardware needed, and instructions? Might save one shipping, Chris