Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Place to get shooting shirts

midget

I decided after the Indiana state match that I need to get one of those nifty shooting shirts... I don't care about having logos or really any fancy things on it, but I want something that will make me sweat less...

Where can I find these at a decent price?

I decided after the Indiana state match that I need to get one of those nifty shooting shirts... I don't care about having logos or really any fancy things on it, but I want something that will make me sweat less...

Where can I find these at a decent price?

I'd suggest a good hawaiian shirt if logos arn't your thing, and they'll keep you cool during the hot heat :cheers: Otherwise if you want a Real Shooting Jersey TechWearUSA is the "only" way to go. :lol:

Edited by DocMedic

If you are on a budjet? Walmart carries Starter brand Tshirts for $8-10 and they are really nice, the material is similar to the more expensive brands. I have purchased several of them and wear them all the time including at matches. No more cotton for me.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/Men/All-Activewear/_/N-8wa7ZaqbvZaqbu?_refineresult=true&_refineresult=true&_refineresult=true&ic=48_0&path=0%3A5438&ref=415087+500683+500682

Edited by danscrapbags

As others have suggested, Techwear is the way to go. That said, Underarmour now has a 100% cotton shirt that wicks comparably to their synthetic based shirts. As a cotton merchant and producer, I'm obligated to recommend the "charged cotton".

As others have suggested, Techwear is the way to go. That said, Underarmour now has a 100% cotton shirt that wicks comparably to their synthetic based shirts. As a cotton merchant and producer, I'm obligated to recommend the "charged cotton".

Living where I do, I like this idea :cheers:

cheers.gif In Lubbock, I would imagine it's at least a high misdemeanor to wear non-cotton based clothing!

cheers.gif In Lubbock, I would imagine it's at least a high misdemeanor to wear non-cotton based clothing!

Why do you think I wear them only when carrying?

With the prices this year, if you have had any rain, I hope you do well!

roflol.gif

We haven't had the drought you have. Historic flooding this spring, major sand blows and hail damage in early June, but good rains in July and August (so far). We'll make a typical 5 yr average.

Have you tried the new cotton underarmor?

BB

roflol.gif

We haven't had the drought you have. Historic flooding this spring, major sand blows and hail damage in early June, but good rains in July and August (so far). We'll make a typical 5 yr average.

Have you tried the new cotton underarmor?

BB

not yet. Didn't know about it but I will look for it

• 2 weeks later...

Got this one from Gemini.

I like that they have a lot of examples in their gallery that are custom shirts, but if you choose an existing design, you get it for "stock" pricing. Lots and lots of choices.

D832574_73_8445815543.jpg

This is the design/color scheme I based ours off of

gulf-coast-filters.jpg

Edited by waktasz

prior to spending money on a Tech wear, Gemini or Reviwear, check out the collars and the fit.

some people have strong feelings for and against the zip up -polo-tee shirt -half zip priest allways irritating styles.

find out from your buddies what they like about the ones they bought. . .( do not ask the sponsored shooters as by contract they just love the shirt color and collar combination that they were given.)

Ohh and make sure IF you do put a sponsors logo on the back of your shirt make sure that it fits correctly. . . a photo of you in action with your sponsor's name just above your exposed butt crack . . . . not the publicity they had in mind. . . .

the store Target has the Champion brand shirts in their Duo-Dry line. it is.... I think they all are, really, just polyester shirts. at target.com the long sleeve loose fit Champion Duo-Dry shirts are $14.99 each, spend over 50 bucks and get free shipping.

sorry, I don't know what the short sleeve loose fit versions are going for.

I'm not a big fan of the jersey style shooting shirts.

I prefer more of the average guy look.

I've been using UA Tech shits because the cut of the arms feel better for pistol shooting.

I just found out that Soffe has some inexpensive coton poly blends here and here.

I'll probably give Soffe a try for exercising and if they work out I'll wear them at the range too.

Edited by PistoleroJesse

I have tried several others and prefer the Tecwear. They keep me cool in the heat and here in PA, this year we had many days over 95 and I shot 2 matches in 100 degrees plus. Stayed very comfortable. They will even sell you base shirts with no logos or design your own with Sue's help.

I've been using UA Tech shits because the cut of the arms feel better for pistol shooting.

I just picked up one of those the other day. I'm going to try it out tomorrow but it feels good so far. I can't afford a Techwear shirt and don't have any sponsors, and I don't prefer the "flash."