Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More 'dumb' Glock 34 questions

Nimitz

I recently purchased a brand new GLock 34.

I was reading the book "The Glock In Competition" and 2 questions I couldn't seem to answer were:

1. Is it legal for USPSA/IPSC 'production' and IDPA SSP catagories?

2. What is the trigger pull out of the box? The book talked a lot about lightening Glock trigger pull to 3-3.5 lbs but seemed to indicate the Glock 34/35s were that way out of the box?

thx

As it came from the factory, I believe it is legal for those divisions. As for your trigger, if it has a "-" on the connector, it is more recently referred to as a 4.5. iirc Glock used to label the "-" connector as 3.5...

Just a thought, in the future could you please make your topic titles a bit more specific. Titles like "More dumb questions...", etc. won't help anyone in the future who might want to do a search, or is even just visually scanning down the list of titles, looking for info on a particular topic.

Trigger pull is about 4.5 pounds if its the commercial glock. My blue lable came with the 5.5 pound which was fine since I was swapping it out. I went with the Glocktrigger trigger and it was very good. Added the Jager lightened striker and it became even better. Never a problem setting off the primers with that gun

The IPSC equivalent to Production division is called....Production division, actually. :) Standard division is kind of like "Open but it has to fit in this box." And no, the G34/35 are not allowed in Production. Quote from the IPSC Rules FAQ:

13. Can we use Glock models 34 and 35 in Production Division? Glock in their own advertising call them "long slides". They are special sporting handguns with a lighter trigger pull (3.5 lbs) and a longer barrel (135mm) out of the box. Maximum barrel length in Production Division is 127 mm (5").

The Production Division does not include special sporting models like the Glock 34 and 35, or the H&K USP Expert, or the Sig Sauer Sport II series if they differ in barrel length from the standard model (Glock 17, Sig Sauer 226, H&K USP).

"Production" does not necessarily mean that all pistols which are currently in production are legal for use in this division.

The IPSC equivalent to Production division is called....Production division, actually. :) Standard division is kind of like "Open but it has to fit in this box." And no, the G34/35 are not allowed in Production. Quote from the IPSC Rules FAQ:

13. Can we use Glock models 34 and 35 in Production Division? Glock in their own advertising call them "long slides". They are special sporting handguns with a lighter trigger pull (3.5 lbs) and a longer barrel (135mm) out of the box. Maximum barrel length in Production Division is 127 mm (5").

The Production Division does not include special sporting models like the Glock 34 and 35, or the H&K USP Expert, or the Sig Sauer Sport II series if they differ in barrel length from the standard model (Glock 17, Sig Sauer 226, H&K USP).

"Production" does not necessarily mean that all pistols which are currently in production are legal for use in this division.

It is on the list as approved for USPSA:

Glock

17 9mm (25 oz.), 17 Gen4 9mm (25 oz.), 17 RTF2 9mm (24.4 oz.), 19 9mm (23.7 oz.), 19 Gen 4 (23.8 oz.), 20 10mm (30 oz.), 20 Gen4 .40 cal (25.4 oz.), 20 SF 10mm (30.4 oz.), 21 .45 ACP (29.2 oz.), 21 SF .45ACP (29.3 oz.), 22 .40S&W (25.6 oz.), 22 Gen 4 (25.7 oz.), 22 RTF2 .40S&W (25.8 oz.), 23 .40S&W (23.7 oz.), 23 Gen 4 (24 oz.), 26 9mm (21.8 oz.), 26 Gen 4 9mm (21.7 oz.), 27 .40S&W (21.8 oz.), 27 Gen 4 .40S&W (219 oz.), 29 10mm (27 oz.), 29 SF 10mm (27.4 oz.), 30 SF .45ACP (26.5 oz.), 30 .45ACP (26.5 oz.), 31 .357Sig (26 oz.), 31 Gen 4 .357 (26.3 oz.), 32 .357Sig (24 oz.), 33 .357Sig (22 oz.), 34 9mm (26 oz.), 35 .40 S&W (27.6 oz.), 35 Gen 4 .40S&W (27.3 oz.), 36 .45 ACP (22.5 oz.), 37 .45 GAP (26 oz.), 37 Gen 4 (28.9 oz.), 38 .45 GAP (26.8 oz.), 39 .45 GAP (21.8 oz.)

(L models are not approved) C models are allowed providing that the barrel is non-ported and the other requirements are met. Short Frame (SF) versions of models approved.

Edited by Paul-the new guy

Yes, it is. But we were discussing IPSC. The two organizations have different (though similar) rule books. In USPSA we don't have Standard division, in IPSC they disallow some of our (North Americans) most popular choices. Etc.

Anyway, the answer to this question....

1. Is it legal for USPSA/IPSC 'production' and IDPA SSP catagories?

....is "USPSA Production, yes. IPSC Production, no. IDPA SSP, yes."

The IPSC equivalent to Production division is called....Production division, actually. :) Standard division is kind of like "Open but it has to fit in this box."

Not to be ticky tacky, but that's Modified. I believe Standard is like our Limited.

thanks all. I obviously should not have linked USPSA & IPSC together ... I'm still new to practical shooting & have seen a lot written like " ... USPSA/IPSC ..." and assumed the rules were basically the same. Luckily my local club shoots USPSA & IPDA so I can shoot my Glock in Production & SSP ... I would have hated to have to buy a different handgun which would have put a serious dent in my ability to buy the new Benelli M2 Field shotgun I'm working on ... :)

good to know, at the moment I'll be just sticking to one type of competiton ... since my local club only has USPSA I'll be focusing on making sure I can compete in those competitions.