Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

eerw trigger work

Neomet

The following is NOT a paid political advertisement nor am I any known relation to Stuart. :P :P

Got my 75 Shadow back from Stuart (eerw) and all I can say is OMG! Originally the gun came with a 7.9/3.8 trigger. I dropped the MS down and got it to a decent 6.5/3.5. I then sent it off to Stuart and got it back Friday. Dryfiring around the house was impressive enough but when I took it out to the range for a 400 round practice session I was even more amazed. The trigger is at 4.75/2.25 at the trigger return spring. The most dramatic thing is to me is the DA action. It is so light and soooo smooth. I am a noob to DA/SA guns and was still on the learning curve with 1st/2nd shots. Well not anymore. A dramatic increase in hits on poppers both on first and second shots. It even made weakhand DA shots.... well, I won't say easy, but that is a reflection of my skill sets, but at least very, very doable.

I have played with a lot of CZ triggers and this one is hands down the most impressive I have seen. Very nicely done Stuart!!

The following is NOT a paid political advertisement nor am I any known relation to Stuart. :P :P

Got my 75 Shadow back from Stuart (eerw) and all I can say is OMG! Originally the gun came with a 7.9/3.8 trigger. I dropped the MS down and got it to a decent 6.5/3.5. I then sent it off to Stuart and got it back Friday. Dryfiring around the house was impressive enough but when I took it out to the range for a 400 round practice session I was even more amazed. The trigger is at 4.75/2.25 at the trigger return spring. The most dramatic thing is to me is the DA action. It is so light and soooo smooth. I am a noob to DA/SA guns and was still on the learning curve with 1st/2nd shots. Well not anymore. A dramatic increase in hits on poppers both on first and second shots. It even made weakhand DA shots.... well, I won't say easy, but that is a reflection of my skill sets, but at least very, very doable.

I have played with a lot of CZ triggers and this one is hands down the most impressive I have seen. Very nicely done Stuart!!

Does any of this require the use of only federal primers? I talked to CZ custom about lightening the pull on my shadow custom and they said that doing so would only allow one to run federal primers.

Also what about function with a kadet kit, assuming a 17 lb hammer spring is being run?

Stuart can chime in here since he knows better than me, but yes at this level it needs the magic silver primers. To use WSPs would mean bringing the the DA to 5.25. Don't know about the Kadet.

Yes..once you drop the DA stroke under a certain weight you really start running on the edge and really restrict what you can use.

Running under about 5# range you really start getting into the FED SPP only range. And as long as you got a good supply and understanding of what is going on. That's OK.

with a little more weight you can run WIN and FED with 100% reliability.

When I had a Kadet. I set it up with a 17# mainspring and it would run all the .22 ammo I had on my shelves, which included FED 550 pack, American Eagle, WIN, CCI Green tag, CCI minimag and Remington THunderbolt. I would still get light strikes with a 16#, but have heard others say they get good reliablility with it.

Rick. I am glad that is running well for you. Quite fun to try and set the gun up like that.

Wanted to chime in as well. I sent my 75 SA which was converted from SA to DA/SA with Neomets to have Stuart do his magic to as well. Now my gun has the Firing Pin Block in place, but the trigger is still amazing and has to be felt to be believed. The DA is right at 4.8 pounds and the single is about the same as Ricks at 2.25, but that number is misleading as that is the full weight and most of what you read on a gauge the the trigger return spring. If you take out the slack and just read the break it is under 3/4 of a pound. If you have a older SP-01 or 75 and though you couldn't have a Shadow type trigger in a older gun, send it to Stuart and all of your friends who have Custom Shop Shadows will be very jealous (No offense to Angus and the guys!) By far the best trigger I have ever felt with a Firing Pin Block in place!!

Edited by AZGunut

Exactly how does the DA/SA pull compare to that of an Angus Shadow?

Well, my CZC-worked-over CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow comes in at over 8# on the DA by my gage, which makes me think maybe there's something different we're doing in measuring DA pulls.

I'll have to see if I can find the original paperwork from CZC for their "official" trigger pull numbers.

Grumpy, the ones I have seen from Angus all run on WSPs. Stuart's DA/SA are better. As Tony said no dissing to the boys over at CZC.

Walkure, my 75 Shadow was origionally just under 8lb when I got it. Dropped the MS down to a 13 and that got me to around 6.5 or so. The trigger was measured by two folks, Stuart and Tony. Tony I know used a NRA trigger pull tester (not sure if that is the real name for it) and it was breaking at 4.75 compared to Stuart's results which were 4.8. I don't think the difference in CZC and Stuarts is due to differences in measurment techniques.

Yes..once you drop the DA stroke under a certain weight you really start running on the edge and really restrict what you can use.

Running under about 5# range you really start getting into the FED SPP only range. And as long as you got a good supply and understanding of what is going on. That's OK.

with a little more weight you can run WIN and FED with 100% reliability.

When I had a Kadet. I set it up with a 17# mainspring and it would run all the .22 ammo I had on my shelves, which included FED 550 pack, American Eagle, WIN, CCI Green tag, CCI minimag and Remington THunderbolt. I would still get light strikes with a 16#, but have heard others say they get good reliablility with it.

Rick. I am glad that is running well for you. Quite fun to try and set the gun up like that.

Cost to do that trigger work to a Shadow? I'm not looking for super light, 5.25 DA would be nice...

Walkure, my 75 Shadow was origionally just under 8lb when I got it. Dropped the MS down to a 13 and that got me to around 6.5 or so. The trigger was measured by two folks, Stuart and Tony.

The mainspring in my Shadow is definitely a 13# or lighter - it should be a 13# coming from CZC anyway, but my Kadet kit is absolutely useless on it, which tells me that it's got to be light. I had to go up to a 16# to get near-100% ignition (done on one of my 75Bs, left the Shadow alone). A 13# in a 75B produced the same unusability with the Kadet as the Shadow, and a 15# was just a bit less reliable than the 16#. Couldn't tell the difference reliability-wise between the factory MS and the 16# on the Kadet, but the trigger pull weight is definitely different, so I've got a 75B set up with a 16# MS that is used just for hosting the Kadet and occasionally a Trident-9.

It could just be that my cheap-ish gage isn't at all accurate beyond a few pounds. (It has at least seemed to check out fine on ~3.5# and lighter triggers in the past.) I'll see if I can't find the "official" numbers.

• 3 years later...

Grumpy, the ones I have seen from Angus all run on WSPs. Stuart's DA/SA are better.

WOW...Old thread.

Send me a PM,

I work at CZ Custom now, but do customer service, shipping, etc, etc.

If interested in any custom work, PM me here. Thank you.

Stuart,

I was wondering what your boss would think about this thread :devil::roflol:

Edited by ChuckS