Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buy a book, help a dog?

I took my 3 yr old Dobe Smokey to Medvet again last night.

It's just about a year since his last tour of Medvet's fine facility. Last time, they took out 2 feet of his lower intestine after it twisted itself up and tried to kill him. (Hey lower intestine, screw you, we'll just cut you out if you can't act right) $7000 later, he was fine.

Yesterday, he came out while I was running the weedwhacker and puked right in front of me. (Did he want to make sure I knew?)

I kept a close eye on him and he puked 3 more times in the next couple of hours.

Here in lower-intestine-ville, we take puking very seriously.

So, off we go to Medvet where they pulled some toy stuffing out of his butt, took x-rays and kept him overnight.

Just got the call that today's x-rays look too much like yesterday's...there's still some stuffing in there that can't pass, presumably due the reduced size of his modified plumbing.

He's in surgery now, and my $7000 dog is going to be a $10,000 dog very shortly.

I'm bumping up against the limit on my BP Visa here folks, so I'm calling in a favor.

If you've been thinking about buying a fine book or two on dry fire practice and have been putting it off...this would be a great time to pull the trigger.

I'll throw in an hour of phone consultation or an hour of dry fire coaching for anyone who can get to columbus.

Alternatively, my wife just starting making a fantastic wet rub for grilling at LZfoodproducts.com

And, if you don't want or need a book or a wet rub for grilling, a prayer for smokey would be appreciated too.

He's in surgery now.

Thanks,

SApost-1937-0-78860500-1312134615_thumb.jp

I'm all about dogs Steve, I hope he'll be alright. My dog was just diagnosed diabetic, not as bad as what you have going on. I'm a little tight on cash, but I'll try to buy a book and help.

If you've been thinking about buying a fine book or two on dry fire practice and have been putting it off...this would be a great time to pull the trigger.

Steve -

Could you please post a link to the site that will get the book with the fewest middlemen taking a cut out of your dog's share?

D'oh - I saw your URL as soon as I saved this message. Order submitted.

Thanks a lot guys... he came out of surgery well according to the surgeon that called. Everybody at Medvet has been great, I just wish they wouldn't use so many big words. :) I get to visit today and he should be home in a couple of days. Thanks again to those who have ordered books!

SA

Vet called again today, and amidst all of the big words I learned that Smokey is doing well. He ate and didn't puke, and had some #2 action as well. Actually, I think it was more like a 1 and a half. Once again, big words. :)

(Very minor rant: I really wish vets would speak english, or at least translate it when asked repeatedly.)

He's s'posed to get out tomorrow...

Thanks again to everyone who has bought books recently, we really appreciate it around here!

Steve, Liz, Blazer, Daisy, Precious, Stewie, Bug, Nikki Sixx, and of course...

Smokey

This is the dog that doesn't feel pain.

The one that comes to me when I'm not feeling well, emotionally or physically.

The one that tenses when strangers walk near.

The one who hasn't properly learned to swim because it's more fun to to just jump over the water.

He's the one that can always be blamed for a stinky fart.

The big dummy was chained to cinder block with a 3 foot chain when I first saw him in Hocking Hills. We brought him home and gave him two baths, after which he slept for 2 days, pooped on the floor and stole my heart forever.

This is the dog whose first nickname was Big Nasty, because he ate poo.

Current nickname is Dum-Dum, because his ideas become actions without any discernible thought.

He's afraid of Flexmoney and not much else.

Well, he's also afraid of lawn decorations that move, but who isn't?

The dog that was bleeding from both ends and unconscious when we found him at the top of the stairs just a year ago...

This is the dog that confirmed that a Honda Accord can do 128, even with ruined upholstery. (check the car fax!)

Going to get him soon.

I get to pick him at 11... vet called this morning and used words I know: better, well, good, active, alert, happy.

No itises, phlebies, oscopies, adhesions (glue? he's not a horse!) or any of that.

Good. Better. Well.

Excellent.

Adhesions are sometimes created when injured tissue tries to knit itself together in ways that it wasn't designed to....

Essentially they are new tissue, that connects a couple of layers of tissue that should ideally remain separated....

Not really a glue reference....

Now that makes sense!

He's still doing well, eats his small meals with gusto and farts non-stop.

Well, someone is farting non-stop. Between me and the 4 dogs, who could know?

When they showed me his x-rays, they showed me the gas buildup specifically... so I say that anyone who has visual confirmation of the presence of gas can be blamed for all farts until further notice.

BTW, I just saw Blazing Saddles for the first time over the weekend. Why wasn't I previously informed of the best fart joke scene in the history of cinema?

Just put my order in.

Hope Smokey is doing well.

Sometime I would like to cash in on the dryfire coaching. No big hurry or anything, just wanted to help out and get an opportunity to get some input from a gm.

Thanks,

Ryan

BTW, I just saw Blazing Saddles for the first time over the weekend. Why wasn't I previously informed of the best fart joke scene in the history of cinema?

You should be a movie consultant on such issues. LOL

So...what did Smokey eat? Your couch? Pillow?

We thought it was stuffing from a toy, which is odd because he's always destroyed such toys and spit the stuffing out very carefully and daintily. After thinking about it, Lizzy thinks that some cotton balls from a toenail polishing session went missing about that time, which makes more sense.

From what the vet said, saw, and removed, it could have been either or both.

And I would be glad to be the official fart joke administrator, but I'd have to resign if there's anything as good as Blazing Saddles and I don't know about it.

I would highly recommend a visit to youtube for a search of "farting preacher" however...

Back to business... Anyone who wants the coaching (phone or local to Columbus) can just drop me a line at steve@jimick.com and we'll schedule it. I'm good all weekend to get some of that done. We can even do a little dry fire class here at the house if anyone wants to.

Or we could eat cotton balls and watch Blazing Saddles. :)

BTW, Flex has volunteered to be a part of any coaching that goes on over the weekend.

Your book purchase could get you a ticket to the greatest event known in shooting: Me and Kyle disagreeing about how to say the exact same thing!

:)

We could do a dry fire clinic here at the house and then head to the range... we could drink beers and tell funny stories. The possibilies are endless.

Sunday afternoon?

Just put in my order for the Principles of Performance book. Loving the first book so far in the limited time I've had to spend with it.

If you're putting together something for Sunday, let me know details – I'd love to get some first hand instruction from You and Flex.

Also, I could just pick up my new order then...save you the shipping costs.

Thanks!

Ben Hurte