Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 finish

okc icore

I tell you what I just had my gun done in Cerakote about a thousand rounds ago and the only wear on it is the 4 points on the slide where its tri-topped and pretty much anything will wear there. The finish shows no wear else where on the gun coming out of kydex holsters. Even the rails look like the day I got it back.

Hard Chrome is the best. You can get it in high polish, mirror, or satin. I have 3 guns done in satin hard chrome, two open & one Colt custom single stack. If it gets marked you can get it bead blasted (satin) or polished. It also reduces wear on the slide & frame.

Hardchrome, Melonite, and Ionbond are by far the best finishes currently on the market, as far as wear and resistance goes. I have Ionbond and love it, and it hasn't worn on me yet (1,400 rounds so far). It's awesome!

I have a tu tone Caspian single stack, hard chrome frame, Ion Bond slide, 3 years in and out of kydex and not a mark, both finishes are good stuff.--------Larry

Edited by Larry White

I have two 1911's. One is hard chrome the other Ionbond. I have acidic sweat. The chrome gun has rusted in spots (the front and back strap which are checkered) although I can get it off, the Ionbond has not. I prefer the look of the Ionbond gun as well. Just one data point.

where or who does Ion Bond ??? very interested ... Is this like CCR or Robar finish ??? I have a factory black STI Edge which I would liked in satin finish after installing the sight tracker...

where or who does Ion Bond ??? very interested ... Is this like CCR or Robar finish ??? I have a factory black STI Edge which I would liked in satin finish after installing the sight tracker...

Gallery

Where to get it

No, this is not a plating, it is a PVD finish. IonBond is the company name, DiamondBLACK is the name of the coating you are looking for.

Gallery

Where to get it

No, this is not a plating, it is a PVD finish. IonBond is the company name, DiamondBLACK is the name of the coating you are looking for.

Sorry should have been clear would like a full color change... I want to change my Black STI Edge to a satin silver...

Gallery

Where to get it

Sorry should have been clear would like a full color change... I want to change my Black STI Edge to a satin silver...

gray1.jpg

This is the color of the IonBond color silver/gray.

Gallery

Where to get it

gray1.jpg

This is the color of the IonBond color silver/gray.

Nope not what I was thinking ... I think I'm just going to hard chrome mine ... What mine more brighter satin silver. Thanx for the info