JMIS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got some goodies today from SSS. Only thing missing was my KKM Barrel :angry:

Magwell, 3x Mag EX, another mag and Appex Stuff. Some range time tomorrow and easy going 3gun match on Saturday for some break in time.

mp140mags002.jpg

Magwell, 3x Mag EX, another mag and Appex Stuff. Some range time tomorrow and easy going 3gun match on Saturday for some break in time.

mp140mags002.jpg

Hopefully he lets me shoot it in the morning :unsure:

mp140mags002.jpg

Hopefully he lets me shoot it in the morning :unsure:

If you bring ammo ;)

JMIS did you say your dad did the grip on yours or is that the one from SSS. Did you get some practice time in yet and hows the slide feel.How much weight did you end up taking off overall.

JMIS did you say your dad did the grip on yours or is that the one from SSS. Did you get some practice time in yet and hows the slide feel.How much weight did you end up taking off overall.

Dad does the grips with a fine tipped soldering iron. The feel of the gun is great, just little more pop than my 9mm PRO. I've shot 180gr factory loads so far, no lite reloads yet.

We forgot to weight the gun :P . I'll try to get a weight in a few days.

Looks familiar... Mine is the 40 Pro, Limited Major!!!

Limited1.jpg

Mags are true 20-rounders in 40, (19 in reloads). I shot my first match with it last night, and I think I won the Over-All.

JeffWard

Nice! JeffWard

Any slide milling in your plans? My mags are the same set up. What load are you shooting?

:cheers:

Edited by JMIS

• 4 weeks later...

I open the mail box today and got a surprise :) My .40 KKM Barrel showed up after being back ordered from SS.

40prokkm003.jpg

And one last cut to the front of the slide.

40prokkm004.jpg

Thanks for the slide work dad :)

I saw that last slide cut an your Dad's Limited gun, that looks really good. Nice set-up. I guess next year I'll have to build one of these to avoid shooting my 9 Pro in Limited minor.

Thanks Kevin G!

I have a 9 Pro with the Apex set up and Dawson sights but you have really convinced me to build a 40 Pro limited gun. That thing looks great and I am already an M&P convert! Now to find a 40 Pro ... none to be had in my area right now!

Edited by MPrimo

I have a 9 Pro with the Apex set up and Dawson sights but you have really convinced me to build a 40 Pro limited gun. That thing looks great and I am already an M&P convert! Now to find a 40 Pro ... none to be had in my area right now!

I'm leaning towards the Dawson sights myself. Dad has them on his limited and a buddy of mine has them on his 9mm Pro.

From what I know it's turned into a tuff gun to find. My dad checked our local dealer yesterday for one for himself but know luck.

I just placed an order with SSS for the rest of the parts I need to totally trick out my 9 Pro. I already have the Apex trigger system and the RAM as well as Dawson adjustable sights on the gun. Will soon add the KKM barrel, Magwell and mag extensions and a non-captured SST guide rod with a couple of different springs. I feel like I am going to make an already terrific gun even better! I have obviously enjoyed this thread. THANKS!

Mike

I just placed an order with SSS for the rest of the parts I need to totally trick out my 9 Pro. I already have the Apex trigger system and the RAM as well as Dawson adjustable sights on the gun. Will soon add the KKM barrel, Magwell and mag extensions and a non-captured SST guide rod with a couple of different springs. I feel like I am going to make an already terrific gun even better! I have obviously enjoyed this thread. THANKS!

Mike

Mike are you loading .40 for your gun? If so, what load are you using?

No, I don't ... my gun is a 9mm. I will build a 40 Pro as soon as I find one. I don't load for the 40 at this time so that will be another project to look forward to.

Mike

I have ben looking for a 40 pro myself for about a month.I have only seen one.By the time I got around to ordering it;it was gone.Some one said on another thread that S&W have or had a big order they were trying to fill,thats one of the reasons they are so scarce right now.Not sure how true that is,but thats what I read.We all no you can believe everything you read on the internet! :roflol:

Edited by johnny1gun

I just ordered 1000 more 200gn "Coated" bullets from Bayou Bullet (Donnie Miculek). I'm loading them short (M&P happy length) over 4.0gn of Solo 1000, which produces a consistent 170PF in my gun. I was shooting 185gn Precision Bullet Molys over 4.6gn of Solo, but they were way too smokey. The Bayou Bullet is $95/1000 and virtually smokeless over fast/soft powder like Solo.

Another side note... Shooting the 40 Pro, I've noticed will eat ANYTHING! "Glocked" brass is no issue, even with a Square Deal B loading them. My 9mm Pro was VERY picky on brass, and had FTE issues if the cases didn't drop check. And 2-3 per 100 reloads didn't drop-check. I've had 2-3 rounds per 1000 get a bit sticky drop-checking, and in testing, even THOSE rounds extracted. I haven't even drop checked my last 300-400 rounds, and I've had ZERO FTE issues with the 40!

My 40 Pro runs,and runs, and runs, and.... you get the idea.

If you're going the 40 Pro route, and using Taylor Freelance extended baseplates, PM me, and I'll forward you the pictures of my completed/modified followers. Mine now run 100% after a few initial issues...

JeffWard

JMIS, have you had to change the spring weight because of your lightened slide or did you not remove enough material to matter? Have you noticed any difference in the way it cycles after the cuts? Faster, no difference, etc.