Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

Jesse,

I'll try to give you a clear answer without sounding patronizing.

How fast you move (it is a timed competition after all) is up to you. There are NO stages that require you to run any distances. Most of the stages are smooth. There ARE some areas that have rocks (think big flat rocks in a creek bed) that would preclude a wheelchair but a toddle would have no problem walking over them. Just regulate your speed.

If you look at the range graphic, you'll see our 300m carbine range towards the northern stages. There's a gravel road that leads up to stages 8 & 9 as it parallels the north side of the carbine range. Where the road makes the 90 degree turn away from the carbine range is where you'll have to take your time. The road/path climbs about 100' over 200' of eroded natural stone.

Assuming you carry only your holstered pistol, slung rifle and enoght rounds to complete those stages, you should be able to slowly navigate the hill, especially with members of your squad helping. Once up the hill, you'll be good to go. Just take it slow and steady.

(smart ass alert) or you could challenge your squad to carry you in a seated liter. (end alert)

Hope you choose to join in the fun. Until then...

-6-

Sounds great . I'm in!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge Up date.

Wednesday at Range 2:00-5:00pm for ROs and those shooters shooting on Thursday only. I will continue Registration at the Comfort Suites Hotel on Wednesday 6-8 pm if necessary.

Thursday at the Range from 12:00-5:00 pm. Registration will continue at the Comfort Suites Hotel in Bridgeport TX at 6:00-8:00 pm. If you are not going to make registration, please contact me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made. I am NOT having registration Friday morning so please be prepared to register during the posted times. Sandra Orvig sorvig@comcast.net

Sponsors:

WE WANT TO THANK THE GENEROUS SPONSORS THAT ARE SUPPORTING THIS MATCH. WITHOUT THEM THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE.

DSG Arms MAJOR MATCH

Leupold MAJOR MATCH

Remington MAJOR MATCH

ECS Composites GOLD

SureFire GOLD

Warne Scope Mounts GOLD

XS Sights GOLD

Roth Concepts Innovations GOLD

Alamo Tactical GOLD

DPMS STAGE

Hornady STAGE

Horus STAGE

JP Enterprises STAGE

Larue Tactical STAGE

MGM STAGE

Noveske Rifleworks STAGE

Stag Arms STAGE

Combat Medical Systems SILVER

Evolution Gun Works EGW SILVER

Battle Comp Enterprises BRONZE

Benchmade Knives BRONZE

Oakley BRONZE

Syrac Ordinance BRONZE

Viking Tactics BRONZE

Black Rain ordnance

Brownells

Range Officer Meeting:

The range officer meeting will be held Wednesday evening at 5:00 pm at the Comfort Suites in Bridgeport.

Shooter Meeting:

The shooter meeting will be held Friday morning at 08:00 on the Spartan Tactical Range Complex.

The start time for the match stages will be directly after the meeting at 09:00.

Round Count:

Rifle 200 rounds, Pistol 150 rounds, Bird Shot 100 rounds and Slug 12 Rounds.

Hotels:

All three hotels are co-located in the same area. All three hotels have a discounted Spartan Tactical rate of around $60.00 a night.

Comfort Suites located at 2302 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-5777. If you have any questions, please ask for the manager, Jamie.

La Quinta located at 2300 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-2040. If you have any questions, please ask for the manger, Mireya.

Bridgeport Suites located at 905 US Highway 380, Bridgeport, TX (940) 683-1790 Talk with Mindy and Cheri for the Spartan Tactical rate.

Golf Carts, Wagons, Rickshaws and Mules:

Wagons or Carts would be handy to have at stages one thru seven. Stage eight and nine will be pistol and rifle only and the hill will be difficult to negotiate with carts or wagons. We will have a DSG’s Penzgauer Swiss military vehicle to assist transporting people and gear to these stages two stages, 8 & 9.

Slings:

Not Required for our match.

Food:

There will be a vender selling food and drink for the competitors.

Heavy Metal:

Heavy Metal will be a division this year with a minimum of eight shooters, next year it will be ten shooters for a division.

A one-power optic can be used for the Heavy Metal division and Tactical Iron Division.

Tactical Irons:

A one-power optic can be used for the Heavy Metal division and Tactical Iron Division.

Prize Tables:

There will be a separate prize table for the different divisions and order of merit will determine the order.

Weather:

Early December in Texas can be mild in the mid 50’s to 60’s to cold around 30 to 40 degrees. Please dress appropriately for any weather and bring a rain jacket.

Stages:

Stage descriptions will be posted soon on the Spartan Tactical web site.

Test Fire/ Zero Range:

We will have a range devoted to test fire and zeroing set up on the right side of the pistol/ carbine bays from 8 TO 10 during the match Friday thru Sunday.

Waiver Forms:

Please go to the Spartan Tactical; Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge web site and print out your waiver. Bring it with you to registration

Lunch will be available for the range officer meeting on Thursday. See you there.

-6-

Any idea on the number of shooters registered in Open and Tac Irons?

How about number of shooters in all the divisions? Just wondering if I should bring my HeMan guns or something else...

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Anybody staying at the Comfort Inn that isn't a Choice Privledges member I would be happy to give you my number to use when you check in. It won't get your squat but it should help get me a free room up at RockCastle this fall.

I have a LaQuinta Rewards number too if anybody needs it.

Muchas Gracias!

You guys and gals have a grand one. I ripped some bicep muscles cleaning up after the tree fell on the house and then made it worse falling at FN and I'm going to have to literally, sit this one out.

Give 'em hell!

Next time!

Mike

Edited by Scout454

Anybody know how far we are shooting slugs? I am bringing a new gun and my annual case of slugs is extremely low so I'd rather not shoot it out to 200 yards if we are only shooting 50 at this match. Thanks!

Looks like 50 yards and less from the stage descriptions. One of the slug stages you are engaging the slug steels with a pistol as well as a slug, the other stage is paper intermixed with birdshot plates, this would indicated also less than 50 yards .

Anybody know how far we are shooting slugs? I am bringing a new gun and my annual case of slugs is extremely low so I'd rather not shoot it out to 200 yards if we are only shooting 50 at this match. Thanks!

Looks like 50 yards and less from the stage descriptions. One of the slug stages you are engaging the slug steels with a pistol as well as a slug, the other stage is paper intermixed with birdshot plates, this would indicated also less than 50 yards .

Good call! Thanks.

Forecast Weatherchannel.com not looking good for this weekend Friday 30% chance of rain Sat. 70% Sun. 40 % . But if you know Texas that can change every hour ... Hope hope And the high temp for those 3 days is 59

Edited by rlillyskygod

Forecast Weatherchannel.com not looking good for this weekend Friday 30% chance of rain Sat. 70% Sun. 40 % . But if you know Texas that can change every hour ... Hope hope And the high temp for those 3 days is 59

I was hoping for something a little warmer than that. It's 40 in Minnesota, was hoping Texas would be a little warmer.

We had a great meeting with your RO's tonight. Great attitudes and tons of experience. It'll be good all the way around.

The stages are gonna be fun. Can't wait for y'all to shoot them.

Bridgeport Suites still has some rooms for those who got a late start.

-6-