Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 Gen4 Trigger work

Lawdawg112

I have tried searching this, but the engine won't except the term Gen 4.

Is anyone having luck with improving trigger performance in the Gen4? Will it work to put a Gen 3 trigger w/trigger bar and Gen 3 trigger housing in a Gen4?

My usual Gen3 package is the glockworx 3 spring kit, jaeger striker and ghost rocket 3.5 with overtravel stop. I have tried some different connectors with the Gen4 and the ones I usually use make the trigger worse. A stock normal Gen3 connector seems to be the only one that helps.

Thanks

Lawdawg

A Gen3 trigger housing will not fit in a Gen4 frame. A trigger from a Gen3 or earlier gun can be put in a Gen4. At least I did it with no ill effects. Same things you'd do to a Gen3 or earlier model apply to the Gen4. A 3.5# connector and polishing all the moving surfaces (connector, trigger bar, striker, striker safety plunger) should get you down to around 4#. If you want lighter, you'll have to start messing with things like reduced power striker springs, modified trigger bars that move the trigger spring hole, etc.

I have tried a bunch of different combinations on my Gen 4 17 I use for USPSA Production and finally purchased a Vanek Classic drop in for the Gen 4... I cannot believe how nice this trigger is and kick myself for waiting this long to get one.

I have tried a bunch of different combinations on my Gen 4 17 I use for USPSA Production and finally purchased a Vanek Classic drop in for the Gen 4... I cannot believe how nice this trigger is and kick myself for waiting this long to get one.

Thumbs way up to the Vanek Classic drop in trigger!! Easy to install yourself and feels great.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious about building my own trigger starting with the glockworx trigger with trigger bar that has the "welded tab" behind the trigger that limits pre travel. Has anyone tried these? How much does it limit the normal pre travel amnount?

It doesn't seem like the 3.5 lb connectors work in the Gen4's I have come accross, it makes them way heavier. I'll try a Gen3 trigger/with trigger bar and see if that is the problem.

I don't see how that's possible. Have you actually measured the trigger pull, or just going by how it feels?

+1 on GlockWorx trigger gear. I was considering trying the .25 cent job but I did not want to do something I could not undo in 5 minutes for carry so I purchased their V3 connector and competition spring set and could not be happier. For $25 shipped that is one of the smoothest triggers I have felt, even better than the trigger jobs I have paid to have done previously. Right now I'm waiting on three more sets to come in the mail with some firing pin safeties also. I'm sure the $250 triggers are smoother and somewhat better, but $45 of GlockWorx does a great job for me per trigger.

CM

I measured the trigger pull on the Gen4 with the lone wolf, ghost and Glockworx 3.5 lb connectors that I had lying around and they all made it feel way heavier and it measured heavier. Like I said before a stock 5.5 connector from a gen 3 worked out the best and that got me down to about 6.5 lbs.

It seems like the new trigger bar doesn't go well with the old connectors.

Has anyone tried a trigger w/trigger bar from Glockworx. They want $80 bucks for it, but if it takes up a lot of the pretravel, it might be worth it.

Is it possible with the other connectors you forgot to lube the trigger/connector interface? I've never heard of a 3.5# connector giving a heavier pull than a 5#...and I did a trigger job on a Gen4 17 about a year ago.

Vanek triggers are probably the best out there for Gen4 Glocks. You can do your own trigger and mess around with it, but if your looking for a quick solution to a light trigger pull without the work then Vanek is the way.

I know Charlie Vanek makes a great product, but I like my recipe better and it's cheaper.

I used a V2 glockworx connector, 3.5 lb wolff and a 3.5 ghost along with a 5.5 stock Gen 3 connector. I'm wondering if this G17 has a bad trigger with trigger bar or the housing is messed up. I purchased it new this last winter for my Dad and it only has about 200 rounds of WWB and Fed A.E. through it.

Lawdawg look at the trigger bar itself. I just got done playing with a gen4 that was as rough as a cob and had a rather large bur on it. About 3 strokes with a file and it was gone then a polish job had it feeling much better.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

I just did a trigger job in my Gen 4 Glock 17 that I bought on the 4th of July. Turned out pretty good. It's about .25 to .5 lbs heavier than what I can get on a gen three, but it's right around 2 lbs 11 ounces to 3 lbs and feels really good. Plus the gun hasn't been fired yet. I used the stock trigger bar, changed springs and used the Glock "-" connector. feels great. I have had a chance to play with all of the Glocktriggers, and Vanek stuff. They are really good. I like mine better, but if you don't want to do the work yourself, just buy one of theirs.

I'm going to run the gun tonight in an IDPA match and this weekend in a USPSA match. I think I'm really going to like this Gen 4 a whole bunch more than my Gen 3's. The grip is soooooooo much more comfortable for me.