Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minor Upgrade Coming Wednesday Afternoon

benos

We'll be upgrading to the latest forum OS sometime Wednesday afternoon, ET.

It is a minor upgrade, so (hopefully) the forums will functionally remain intact.

The "brian's forums" logo may change (or may not), to IP's logo, but if it does I'll get it fixed soon.

be

:o Oh no, not again!

I'm just now getting used to the things that still don't work for me from the last "upgrade". :)

The last upgrade was a major upgrade, from v.2 to v.3. This upgrade will just move us from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4, so the impact, functionality wise, should be from minor to unnoticable.

I like the little preview thing that was added (may be the icon outlimits was referring to). I can see what the post says or at least how it starts without clicking into it, only to find out its not what I was looking for.

I see the icon on Safari but only when I hover the cursor over a topic.

It will show all the time on the iPhone as there is no 'hover' feature on touch sensitive screen (no cursor).

Edited by BritinUSA

I see the icon on Safari but only when I hover the cursor over a topic.

in Safari (current version) I don't see a icon or anything about the topic's content, if I hover over it?

did notice a new little icon next to each topic on the iphone.

Is it only on the iPhone?

Cool.....nice job Brian.

Thanks - I appreciate that.

On IE it pops up when cursor enters the topic window. Kind of cool, alowing preview before loading/change web page. Does not on the home page through.

MDA

Edited by mda

In the picture, its just to the left of the word 'Announcements'

post-293-0-32400000-1307583528_thumb.jpg

Thanks Paul. I was guessing you might come through with screenshot for me.

;-)

I wasn't looking anywhere near the right area.

Is there any way for a user to turn off the "view topic preview?" I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to scroll down the page. The VTP also interacts with the scroll wheel, and it now scrolls very slowly.

Is there any way for a user to turn off the "view topic preview?" I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to scroll down the page. The VTP also interacts with the scroll wheel, and it now scrolls very slowly.

I don't think so. Did you try not having the cursor in the "up-and-down area" of the view topic preview icon? (I use a scroll wheel too and have not noticed any difference.)