Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HD Glock 35

J-Rob

I'm thinking about getting a new Glock 35 for a "Home Defense/Nightstand" gun and I want to know what you guys think about my choices for setting it up.

Gen3 Glock 35

Factory 22rd magazine

Sevigny Competition sights

Jager Steel guide rod a spring

Glock grip plug

Talon Grip Tape

Surefire X300 with DG switch

This is what I came up with. I'm open to suggestions for other options or parts.

Hi J-Rob,

From our forums guidelines...

Intent

This Forum is for firearm, technique, and conceptual discussions pertaining to training and competition. (And various unrelated topics.) While the occasional defensive shooting post is not prohibited, in general, defensive shooting discussions or debates are discouraged.

smile.gif

So, with all that said, I think your set-up is fine. Though adding good ammo is advisable. cheers.gif

I'm thinking about getting a new Glock 35 for a "Home Defense/Nightstand" gun and I want to know what you guys think about my choices for setting it up.

Gen3 Glock 35

Factory 22rd magazine

Sevigny Competition sights

Jager Steel guide rod a spring

Glock grip plug

Talon Grip Tape

Surefire X300 with DG switch

This is what I came up with. I'm open to suggestions for other options or parts.

Oh yea Home Defense/Nightstand/IPSC/IDPA. :roflol:

Home defence with #4 birdshot :rolleyes:

post-7365-034141000 1307131747_thumb.jpg

Make sure to give those 22rd mags a good workout first. I don't think there's a whole lot of history with them yet and the 33rd 9mm mags don't have a great history.

My vote would be to change to tritium sights and use the stock recoil spring assy, also ditch the weapon mounted light for a regular handheld one.

Is this a backup for a shotgun?

Any reason why you're thinking of going with a grip plug and not a magwell?

Magwell? Maybe he's expecting a bus load of masked marauders.

smile.gif

Any reason why you're thinking of going with a grip plug and not a magwell?

Magwell? Maybe he's expecting a bus load of masked marauders.

smile.gif

Just like one would encounter in an IDPA stage. See, now we are back on topic with competition shooting. That my friends is how you save a thread from being locked. :lol:

Edited by sirveyr

My 35 is my house pistol, the 22 rounders at least mine is not reliable enough for anything other than range time, i do put in the stock recoil rod assy for house time, and in comps a Jager rod with a Wolf 14 pound spring, I have Sevigny sights on it and use a TLR1 light mounted on the weapon, and I keep a Surefire E2d defender close to it. Figure out the primary purpose of the weapon and tailor it to that intended role, mine is comps, I never was a 40 fan until I bought this pistol.

WOW!I guess I am way under armed for sleeping, :rolleyes: I could just move to Gotham city,and let Batman watch over me. :roflol::cheers: Wait #4 birdshot,batman it is kind of the same. :roflol:

Edited by usmc1974

Make sure to give those 22rd mags a good workout first. I don't think there's a whole lot of history with them yet and the 33rd 9mm mags don't have a great history.

My vote would be to change to tritium sights and use the stock recoil spring assy, also ditch the weapon mounted light for a regular handheld one.

Is this a backup for a shotgun?

No it's not backup for a shotgun. I prefer a pistol for a home defense weapon because if I need to use my weak hand for something (phone, carrying child, etc.)I'm not restricted by a long gun. I also prefer a weapon mounted light for this reason too. This thread wasn't meant to discuss how I would employ the weapon if need for self defense but rather how you would configure your Glock 35 for a Home Defense role.

Just wondering, if you ever watch, "the best defence" on Midways wednesday night at the range. A shotgun with #4 shot don't go though 3 or 4 walls and hurt somebody you might love..... Just a thought.

sorry if I am out of line mods.you can remove this post if need be.

I like the TruGrip tape over the Talon. It covers more of the grip, to include the thumb rest area.

TruGripUSA

My only other input is to watch the DG switch rubbing on whatever holster you use. The holster can usually be Dremeled out for clearance. I'm running without a switch in a Safariland ALS.

-Randy

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with the Warren Tactical Tritium front and Sevigny carry rear. If you shoot enough to index the front sight well, you will be able to save the money with a plain rear. That and I prefer to ID with hand held light. Given the price of a good surefire light you can probably buy enough clappers to cover your whole house with em... :ph34r: