Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

we used to do a 'he-man' match at the 'hernando sportsmans club' in central fla., where we used to shoot iron sight rules, and alot of us shot M-1's. it was a pretty popular match, ask the 'Mickster', he was the boss(if that was possible with us monkeys)..... it was alotta fun, my M-1 is really one of my favorite guns. they are really beautiful things. real accurate w/that long sight radius...... if'n alot of guys sign up for this WW2 class, it'll be a great match, real competitive, cause' your equipment ain't gonna mean that much, it'll be up to you!....

Edited by bigsaxdog

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where will the applications be posted? Also what will the entry fee be?

Not sure on the match fee. My guess is the app will be available around December.

Matt

According to the poster it looks like "recruiting begins October 1, 2011" ....sounds like that'll be the release of the app to me...or maybe RO apps?

Last years fee was 250.00 I think...just for perspective.

Edited by GorillaTactical

There was one available for sale in the classifieds for 14 minutes a little while ago, gone now. Since I'll be on the RO staff, I don't need one, but if I'd picked one up, I believe I'd have sat on it until the match was full, then opened the bidding! :sight: Could probably have retired again! :devil:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick remider that match applications will be up soon and registration opens up October 1st, 2011. We are working very hard to make this the best match yet so stay tuned. I would like to highlight one of our sponsors in the attached poster, AP Custom. They are a great and they make great stuff. War posters (vendor posters) will be regularly posted to highlight our generous sponsors, please remember to think of them when making your next firearm related purchase.

Some props you can expect this year are a few naval deck guns, bomber fuselage, wind ;), real tunnels, friendly, professional/consistent RO's, and lastly, great stages and great barbecue courtesy of LaRue Tactical. Our prize table was lacking at our last match and that will most certainly be addressed this year. Sadly the individuals committed to working the prize table didn't come through and consequently we got a later start, as I said earlier, this year will be different.

Registration starts on October 1, 2011. We are contemplating online registration however we want everyone to have a fair shot getting into the match. We were planning to make online registration for logistical reasons as manual entry is tough on Marcy, however we also want everyone to have a chance to participate and I think mail in entries might be the ticket. At this point we haven't decided whether to use online registration or via U.S. Mail, we'll keep you posted.

Cheers, hope to see you in April.

AP Custom was very generous last year and we are proud to have them on board again this year.

post-746-0-67138300-1315292061_thumb.jpg

Great news for all of us, I want application #1, had a graet time last year and got something I always wanted of the prize table so I don't think it was lackin at all, looking forward to more fun this year my friend.

We will support however is most efficient for you to accomplish registration, we appreciate all the time it takes you, Marcey and the crew to pull this together

See you soon,

jeff

and i found nothing lacking in the prize table, or any other aspect of the match.

I agree. I placed 2 in the match... second to last that is, and I even got a pair of binos and some other little goodies. What a great match! I cannot wait. I have 7 months to learn to shoot, reload, and possibly do better than the last match!

Edited by jevonniespapi

I know it will be a great match, bigger and better, you have a great team working with you, making my travel plans now, these next two sniper matches might get me tuned up enough to shoot the distances you guys like out there :cheers:

jeff

and i found nothing lacking in the prize table, or any other aspect of the match.

I agree. I placed 2 in the match... second to last that is, and I even got a pair of binos and some other little goodies. What a great match! I cannot wait. I have 7 months to learn to shoot, reload, and possibly do better than the last match!

Thirded

I have normal shoes, I just choose not to wear the antiquated things, go primal or stay home, you can fight it all you want but just notice Katie, Rob, Jansen, Ben, Charles, Chad, etc and many more are making the switch and feeling the difference too, its what your feet were meant to act like, so don't be a hater! Go get some, just not the pink ones, they won't compliment your eyes!

Don't you have a match to build, see you soon

jeff

Vibram Five Fingers Trek Sport (40) :cheers:

PS: wearing them in the Warrior Dash this weekend too

I have normal shoes, I just choose not to wear the antiquated things, go primal or stay home, you can fight it all you want but just notice Katie, Rob, Jansen, Ben, Charles, Chad, etc and many more are making the switch and feeling the difference too, its what your feet were meant to act like, so don't be a hater! Go get some, just not the pink ones, they won't compliment your eyes!

jeff

Trying to stretch out a pair of Sprints (48s)right now, just a little snug.

Only problem with the VFFs at BOTW is the rocks. Can be painful while running between shooting positions. :surprise:

I tried to run many times in my life, but knee pain always stopped me. Starting running in VFFs in June, completed my first 5K at the end of August and have signed up for a Half Marathon in Feb. No knee pain what so ever.

jeff

OK add me to "The List" I just went and dropped a dime on a pair, I will see how they do in Colorado this week

jeff

OK add me to "The List" I just went and dropped a dime on a pair, I will see how they do in Colorado this week

Be careful. Ease into them. They take some getting used to and you can get really sore really quickly if you wear them for too long at first. It is recommended for runners to start out only running 10% of your normal distance in them when you first get them.

I wore mine around the house for a week or two before I tried running in them.

Just a word of caution. Would hate for you to be super sore for the second and/or 3rd day of a competition.