Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pull Type Golf Cart for Carrying range bag

Sarge

Anyone use a pull type golf cart for a range cart? I'm curious if they are strong enough for the job. The wheels seem plenty big. I'm not crazy about the rugged gear type buggies.

Anyone use a pull type golf cart for a range cart? I'm curious if they are strong enough for the job. The wheels seem plenty big. I'm not crazy about the rugged gear type buggies.

I built one for Sporting clays guns , the problem is the ballanc over the wheels = it falls over very easy. falls forward - falls sidways if you try to cross a hill. a times it was much more work than it was worth.

I've seen a guy use a pull type golf cart, but it was at a 3 gun match. The baby joggers seem to work better, especially seeing that mine was free after stealing it from the kid, ha ha. On the baby joggers, just don't get one with suspension system they aren't as stable and are hard to steer on the side of a hill. Friend of mine even has one that still folds down with the gun racks mounted to the side of it, for those that have to throw it in back of car or suv.

Harbor Freight has a collapsing luggage hand truck. Folds down to about 14" tall and 3" thick so I leave it in the trunk of the car. Most I've put on it is about 50 lbs. I don't expect it to last more than a couple of years but it beats carrying 400 rds of .45 230 gr. all day.

Paul

I use a welders cart purchased from Harbor Freight. With its 21" wheels it travels nicely. If necessary, the wheels slip off to fit into a car trunk. It carries a small ice chest with the range bag on top. Pull off the range bag and it becomes a chair.

Bill

http://www.harborfreight.com/welding-cart-65939.html

A fellow I shoot with used uses a golf cart. He built a shelf for it that attaches to the handle and has a support leg. He puts his big range bag on it and it seems quite stable.

Edited because I cannot spell on Monday mornings.

Edited by Graham Smith

Hey Kevin, I don't know if you have considered CED's foldable cart or not, but it sure looks nice . . . in their catalog. That is to say, I don't own one . . . yet. Sucker folds down to only 2 inches thick, and just 10 pounds! The down side is sixty bucks, plus shipping :( Product number is FHCART

Hey Kevin, I don't know if you have considered CED's foldable cart or not, but it sure looks nice . . . in their catalog. That is to say, I don't own one . . . yet. Sucker folds down to only 2 inches thick, and just 10 pounds! The down side is sixty bucks, plus shipping :( Product number is FHCART

A search for this on CED's site came up dry.

Foldable Hand Cart is fancy way of saying dolly. I bought mine from Lowes and it does the same thing only cheaper. That being said when I shoot local matches I use a fancy wagon I bought from Lowes so I can cart my daughter's and my range bags around. If I shoot out town I use a CED backpack which has been great. I see that IShot just came out with one (pricey)that looks to be very nice and a little roomier than the CED BP

A search for this on CED's site came up dry.

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/CED-Foldable-Hand-Cart.html

Cheaper else where.

I have one and find them POS.