Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Nationals squad request

HI5-O

• 3 weeks later...

We will be using self squadding, and unless you have a need for a shoot-through pass, the schedule is half days for the duration of the match. USPSA will not receive squad requests, since it's a self squadded match.

Troy

We will be using self squadding, and unless you have a need for a shoot-through pass, the schedule is half days for the duration of the match. USPSA will not receive squad requests, since it's a self squadded match.

Troy

I know this is a stupid question, but how do I self-squad? Can we do that now? Because I can't seem to find the directions on how to go about self squadding....

The self-squadding probably won't start until all the applications are in and the Super-Squads have been identified and allocated. Once it's available they will announce it on the USPSA web-site, last time I did the self-squadding thing (for Double Tap) the email contained all the instructions.

Troy

I know this is a stupid question, but how do I self-squad? Can we do that now? Because I can't seem to find the directions on how to go about self squadding....

The self squadding system for Nationals isn't running yet, but there will be info on the USPSA Nationals web page when it is. And, that should be very soon. We've established the super squads and the squad schedules; all that is lacking is getting a few more wait list people enrolled.

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

That's odd... There's a Ladies Super Squad(8) but some of the top women shooters are anywhere but the Super Squad... Does anyone know if that will change ?

I guess I will have to wait to find a slot as I need to be on the opposite schedule to cover the women's match.

Few things about squadding:

1) We have not squadded any of the super squad folks yet. The match admin has yet to build those squads, but as soon as they do we will start moving those folks into those squads. If they squad themselves elsewhere in the interim they will be moved. This isn't the most elegant way to do this, but that's where we are.

2) If you got your slot from the wait list you might not appear on the squad lists yet. The squad lists will be updated once a week to include wait list people as the entries come in. If you don't see yourself there then please check back next week.

3) I'm aware that there are some errors with the dates/times. I've got an email into the webmaster to get those errors fixed.

That's all for now.

Thanks,

Kim

Few things about squadding:

1) We have not squadded any of the super squad folks yet. The match admin has yet to build those squads, but as soon as they do we will start moving those folks into those squads. If they squad themselves elsewhere in the interim they will be moved. This isn't the most elegant way to do this, but that's where we are.

2) If you got your slot from the wait list you might not appear on the squad lists yet. The squad lists will be updated once a week to include wait list people as the entries come in. If you don't see yourself there then please check back next week.

3) I'm aware that there are some errors with the dates/times. I've got an email into the webmaster to get those errors fixed.

That's all for now.

Thanks,

Kim

I have not recieved anything in regards to package, or via regular mail (no slot form). Our National postal service is on Strike. I do not see my name on the list for squadding....should I be making inquiries? I do have a confirmation email that I paid and got a slot, but I do not believe it says production specifically.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Mo, I think you are probably okay. Sad to say I am not on the list of competitors either. :unsure: but I think we are just in that group on the waitlist who are not showing yet. At least I hope so. Bummer...

Hello: I am not on the list either but I did send my slot sheets back in. There must be alot of mail coming into USPSA right now :surprise: As a side note have you ever noticed that the Canadian Postes never go on strike in the winter :roflol: When I lived there the Postes and GM workers always went on strike in the summer. Thanks, Eric

*sigh*

Y'know, I'm thinking now that the main advantage of getting a slot in advance of the waiting list (which hasn't been too hard to do so far) is that you can self squad earlier.

My friends are all squadded together already, with just one opening left on the squad, but my name hasn't been added to the unsquadded oompetitor's list yet, for either match. :(

Because there were so many impacted by this, I just dumped about 50-60 wait list people for each match a few minutes ago, so check again and see if you're showing up yet. I'll do more on Monday, just ran out of time today.

Kim

Edited by Kimberley