Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has Midway USA went nuts?

I went over to Midwayusa.com to buy a mag brush yesterday. The brush was $10.99 which is ok with me. Then a $3 special handling charge and $7.50 shipping? Are they f'n high?

I hadn't purchased anythig for my shooting for the last 3 or 4 years when everything went crazy. I had enough supplies to last. Midway USED to be the place to go to get a good deal. It's time to find a new supplier! Any suggestions?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a DVD from CED last year and got hit for $15.00 S&H! And Cabelas charged me $19.00 S&H for a 3 lb package! Shipping and handling has become a profit center some places and in most places, they have a minimum charge so if you order a $0.10 plastic part, you are still going to pay a minimum shipping charge of $5.00 or so.

One place I turn to often these days is Grafs. For the most part, shipping is built into their prices but last time I looked there was still a $4.00 handling charge. Even so, at least you have a pretty good idea what it's going to cost before you put it in the shopping cart.

Dude, shipping prices have gone up. So has gas. So has food, utilities, clothing, etc., etc. etc.

Shop around or get used to it.

I am not an idiot that lives in the darkest corner of a box Mr. Keen.

I didn't mean that to sound negative or derogatory ........ my apologies. Simply a sign of the times. :angry2:

I fear we will all have to "get used to it" sooner rather than later.

Inflation is back in style. <_<

Edited by Chris Keen

I didn't mean that to sound negative or derogatory ........ my apologies. Simply a sign of the times. :angry2:

And stay used to it! :angry2: I wish that my pay would keep up. :surprise:

I stopped shopping at Midway years ago. The website was slower than molasses in Alaska, the dealer price went to nearly nothing, the "small order charges", etc.

I do all the shopping I can at Shooters Connection and Brownells.

I went to a known supplier for a hand gun. The shopping cart put up a ship charge of over $80. They lost the sale because a seller on an auction site had the same gun for $100 less and $25 US mail shipping.

Shipping can be a rip off with added handling charges but with fuel surcharges by shipping companies and handling charges from sellers, you need to shop around.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

I've made a policy to not do business with places that charge absurd shipping, and midway is on that list. I only make exceptions for exclusive items or thing that are so expensive, shipping is an afterthought. For example I picked up a Geiselle Super Dynamic from them but they were the only ones selling it and shipping of $10 on a $200+ item I'm ok with.