Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The End to Circleville 3-Gun?

From the emails I have received lately, it seems this Sunday will be the last 3-gun at Circleville, Ohio. I hate to hear this because we have so few options to shoot 3-gun in Ohio without traveling six hours or more. Granted the furthest we shot was 100 yards but the stages were always a blast and the guys were awesome. I hope the range can find a new MD for this event and keep the scheduled shoots on track. My hats off to the current MD (Michael Craig) for his hard work and great matches. Maybe another club close in proximity would like 50 plus shooters four times a year for a shoot. Rumor has it that Briar Rabbit is considering filling this unfortunate void.

I too will miss these matches. I travel about an hour to Circleville, and it has been worth the drive. The stages Michael has put on have been as good as some I've shot at much larger matches. Come on you Columbus guys, someone must want to keep this going! I wish I was closer and didn't have to work weekends so often. Well, let's enjoy tomorrow, maybe we can beg him to do another. With Ft. Benning closing shop, my 3 gun schedule has big gaps this year.

As much work as it is to put on a pistol only match, I can just imagine that it must be 3 times as much work to put on a 3-gun match. I sure don't envy the MD of any multi gun sports.

Hopefully they will find a way to keep it alive, but if not you can always come back and shoot USPSA with us Bob. :)

I too will miss these matches. I travel about an hour to Circleville, and it has been worth the drive. The stages Michael has put on have been as good as some I've shot at much larger matches. Come on you Columbus guys, someone must want to keep this going! I wish I was closer and didn't have to work weekends so often. Well, let's enjoy tomorrow, maybe we can beg him to do another. With Ft. Benning closing shop, my 3 gun schedule has big gaps this year.

I think many of the "Columbus" guys live an hour away too.

They have been great matches, and I sure hope they can somehow continue.

Its a little over two hours drive one way for me, and it is well worth it, and about

my only option being in the far SW corner of Ohio. I spent the winter gearing up and had made plans to be at every match this year. I will really miss it if this is it. My shooting is limited to places I can get to and from in the same day, and it was great to have Circleville within range.

Michael Craig and the crew have done an excellent job with these matches, and I appreciate all the work that has gone into them. We had over 60 shooters yesterday, so the matches are well-attended, and growing. Seems like it would be a great thing for a club, and they'd want to keep it up. I hope they do.

As much work as it is to put on a pistol only match, I can just imagine that it must be 3 times as much work to put on a 3-gun match. I sure don't envy the MD of any multi gun sports.

Hopefully they will find a way to keep it alive, but if not you can always come back and shoot USPSA with us Bob. :)

I am looking forward to shooting more USPSA this summer. The Ohio match sounds like a blast, and I have some weekends off for the locals. 5 years ago, there were no options for 3 gun near here. We drove to Brighton MI just to be able to shoot a local match. "You came from Dayton?" Circleville was a blessing, and the matches were top notch. Recently, it has become a victim of it's own success, but the word gets around. They were drawing a crowd from WV, KY, IN. On the range 10-5pm for 4 stages is a long day, for a shooter. Only half done if you're the MD. I appreciate all the work Michael and Mike M. put into this, but do understand them wanting a break.

Sounds like all the people that will miss the match, that a few of them could form a match committee and pick it up. Everyone wants to shoot a great match, only a few will step up to the plate and make the match happen. Too bad. Guys, get it together. If you have time to shoot the match, you have time to put it on. You aren't talking an Area 3-gun, it is a Club Match. It is not that much more work than a regular pistol match. A couple different targets, a little bit different scoring and some specifics on the WSBs.

Get with it or you won't have it to get with!

Your pistol matches could easily go the same way. This is a Volunteer Sport, so get up and volunteer!

OK, Rant Mode off, for a few minutes at least.

I received an email on Wednesday with the results to the match and it also stated that they may have found a new match director. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for the June 5th match!

• 1 month later...

It's ON!!!!!!! Here's the email I just got:

Yes it is true! The Pickaway County Sportsman's Range near Circleville, Ohio is hosting another 4 stage Multi-Gun match on June 5th. John Kimball and a few other enthusiastic MultiGunners have volunteered to put this match on. At this point, I will continue sending the emails and general communications. This match falls on the same weekend as our monthly USPSA Handgun Competitions. Saturday is the Pistol match and Sunday is the Multi-Gun match. We are going to utilize at least 3 setups from the Handgun Match. They will be modified for our purposes to include rifle, shotgun and handgun targets.

As usual, we will start staging additional range equipment at 12pm on Saturday. If you are shooting the handgun match you are welcome to help afterward. Those who can help with setup Saturday afternoon or come at 8a Sunday morning will get a $10 discount on match fees. Those who come Saturday and Sunday for setup your match fee will be waived. These are BIG setups that are target rich and have plenty of props, so as usual, we're counting on volunteers to make this happen.

Round count has been averaging about 55-60 rounds per gun with a few shotgun slugs thrown in here and there to spice things up a bit. I always suggest you bring 100++ rounds for each gun with a few boxes of slugs just to be safe.

We will send out the stages via email if they become available in time.

For more information, match schedule, rules & equipment overview feel free to visit:

http://www.pcsirange...&layout=default

See you on the range soon!

John Kimball - Match Director

[edit]

Michael Craig - Assistant MD

[edit] Office

[edit] Cell

Edited by Flexmoney
To remove phone numbers from a public forum...PM Mike, and he can share the numbers if you need them.

I also received this email. I think this is great news for all 3 gunners in Ohio because this is a great range and John is an avid 3 gun shooter dedicated to the sport. I just wish I didn't have a wedding to attend the day before the June match! Oh well, I'm sure it will go off without a hitch and I am looking forward to the next one. Good luck John, and thanks for keeping 3 gun alive in Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to another great match at PCSI this Saturday!

I hope they can get the stages posted before then, it's nice to get an

idea of what to expect.

It's going to be a hot one!

idea of what to expect.

Not likely. JK's computer is DOA.

He was trying to get with Conrad and coordinate the stages with the USPSA pistol match (which is the day before the 3-gun).

idea of what to expect.

Not likely. JK's computer is DOA.

He was trying to get with Conrad and coordinate the stages with the USPSA pistol match (which is the day before the 3-gun).

Ouch, dead computer, what a way to get started as MD!

Oh well, surprises can be fun too. I checked for the USPSA stages and didn't see those posted yet either. I'm just glad the matches are still on.

Sunday, the match is this Sunday. I said Saturday in an earlier post by mistake.

I know better.

You guys were going to let me drive all the way up there on Saturday, weren't you?

I would've just hidden my long guns and acted like I was there for the pistol match. :P

So, if you're following this thread, PCSI multi-gun is this SUNDAY.

It was a long, hot day, but a great time. The stages seemed a little shorter with fewer rounds, which was good to keep things moving, especially in that heat. Of course, the one stage where I had to shoot first in my squad was also the stage that had a hidden target that nobody in my squad knew was there. A fifteen-second penalty on a thirty-second stage blew my whole day. Lesson learned, you have to really, really make sure you know where all the targets are and don't expect the RO to tell you. Other than that, I shot decent. I hit a no-shoot on another stage which was completely my fault. I had a great squad and a great time, and can't wait for the next one. I have some video I'll try to get up later. Thanks to everyone involved for keeping it going!