Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best 1-4x scope for under $300?

I currently have the Millet DMS, and would not recommend it with the other scopes that are out there in the similar price range. The Millet worked well when I was just sitting at a bench, but as soon as I started carbine and 3 gun events, it started to show its down sides. When I bought it, there was not really another option in that 250ish price range, that I knew of. So it was a good buy at the time and as performed decently. Now I shoot more and have been able to look through a few and I think the Burris tac-30 beats it hands down.

Now that I know a little more and shoot a little more and have saved up a little.. I will be moving on.

I will be going with a Burris PEPR or LaRue mount, cost of mount is not included in my post.

Plus a bunch on the Burris Tac30 and PEPR mount. I have thousand plus rounds with it on my DPMS 3G1 with no change in zero or problems. I shoot it out to 500 yards using 75gr factory loads using the yardage dots with good accuracy.

• 2 months later...

I have looked through the Vortex Viper PST wish they had them available when I purchased my 3 gun scope (at 4X's the price)I believe this scope to be the best for the money and then some (around $450.00)....Nikon makes a 1-4 for around $300.00 should be worth checking out if thats your budget I have found Nikons to have pretty nice glass for the money. Have looked through the new Burris 1-4 TAC 30 nice scope ( had problem with Burris customer service in the past )...I would Check out all 3 at least before buying....My vote is for the Viper

• 5 months later...