Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

Am I going to miss anything coming out Sunday morning instead of Saturday?

Sunday you'll probably only see 1 stage being shot, and then the wait for final awards. Match staff is predicting everyone leaving the range around 1'ish (ha ha, heard THAT before)

Saturday, everyone should be shooting 3 or 4 stages, so lots of action all day long.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I going to miss anything coming out Sunday morning instead of Saturday?

Sunday you'll probably only see 1 stage being shot, and then the wait for final awards. Match staff is predicting everyone leaving the range around 1'ish (ha ha, heard THAT before)

Saturday, everyone should be shooting 3 or 4 stages, so lots of action all day long.

Thanks!

No, everyone uses carts between stages (short distances). You might need 4WD if it gets too muddy.

Last year was so damn muddy I almost had to abandon my cart a couple times because I couldn't hardly drag it, and I am not a weak man.. I'm bringing the truck this year, and have a plan to clean my guns, cart and truck in a car wash if necessary..

Can't be that much muddier than the roads at the Ozark match last year. I tried taking my rental Taurus to the car wash afterwards and they wouldn't let me in.

The roads are fine at CMMG. The parking area in the grass gets sloppy though, as does the field down to a couple of the stages. Especially after all the ATVs tear across it going back and forth. It did make the small cart wheels bog down in it. Need to figure out a way to put floatation tires on my buggy. Most of the other stages are in fixed bays and are not too much a problem other than standing water. Of course setting up the steel plates that fall into the water isn't fun. The stage in the trees that stole shoes will not be used this year....so Ken says.

O3GC was definately muddier.

Craig

Talking about being unsafe. It would be safer to put a loaded gun in a barrel than to deal with people driving ATVs like bats out of hell. Last year, two or three in our squad witnessed a couple of ATVs almost turnover because the drivers were being idiots and almost ran over us in the process. :angry2:

Craig

I don't remember hearing about Jerry M falling flat on his back at O3GC like he did at Midwest.

The worst part about the mud at last years Midwest match was parking .5-1 mile up the road and having to walk in. A shooting buggy or cart made it much easier for sure.

:cheers:Sounds like we can add in a Tough Mudder competition along with the shooting match, roll in the MMA fight and we can come up with a TRUE WARRIOR :cheers: I think I will watch as the young bulls battle it out :sight:

Craig

I don't remember hearing about Jerry M falling flat on his back at O3GC like he did at Midwest.

The worst part about the mud at last years Midwest match was parking .5-1 mile up the road and having to walk in. A shooting buggy or cart made it much easier for sure.

That's because I took the fall for him. Just the kind of guy I am... :rolleyes: Actually, I usually take a fall at every match. :huh:

Craig

Which one was stage 9? I know I had a less than graceful left butt cheek slide across one stage with my pistol pointed down range and dragging my left hand through the mud. Somehow, I managed to not get DQ'ed, finish the stage, and laugh at my self. Matter of fact, I think a couple of people laughed at that one.

Stage 9 was the mudfest way up front across from the CMMG shed near the parking area.

Craig

The roads were worse, probably, but I think the stages were pretty close. The main reason the roads werent so bad at CMMG last year is because after that dude got his semi-pickup stuck they blocked off the road and you had to walk. 2 years ago it was dry enough that you could park within 50 yards of the shack, last year you couldn't get within 500 yards of the shack except on foot.

Edited by barrysuperhawk

That wasn't me that fell on 9. My display of fumbled footedness was on a pistol/shotgun stage in the woods. It was my first stage of the match, no less.

Can't wait to shoot this one again!

It rained in Wentzville all night last night. Fun times to come!

I will be heading out after lunch once I wake up from my all night reloading session. Still got guns to clean and packing to do! BLAHHHH!!!!!!

Anybody else staying at the Hampton Inn off of 63 & 70?

Barry,

Well, it is more of a knock off the big chunks is all. Don't want to remove all of the carbon that is holding things together. ;)

JT,

Washing your truck now is, in my humble opinion, a futile endeavor. I am about 100 miles east of the match and it has been raining here nearly all morning. Saying "It is gonna be muddy" would likely be the understatement of the year!

Just got into town, checked into the hotel, and checked the weather- an inch of rain tomorrow alone, with more every day!

Sounds like fun :angry2:

I guess I didn't pick a good match to leave the truck at home for repairs, and take the car.

I still have mud in the under carriage of my truck from the Ozarks!

It was overcast and dry until about noon and then the clouds opened. It just quit raining for the time being about half an hour ago. Cleats and gear are drying out now. Lots of cleaning and oiling to do tonight. It has been fun shooting and am squaded with a great group! I just wish that I was shooting a little better.

bah, shooting better? unless you AVERRAGED 400 seconds on your first 2 stages, you are doing fiine...

apparently the dot wasnt such a goog idea... and it will be weeks before i dry out

Edited by barrysuperhawk