Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag pouches for SS

latech15

Title says it all.

I will be wearing at least 6. The CR speed versa pouches are what I use for limited and open. They say that they can be used for SS bit I'm not sure how? Spacers? If there is a good way to use them then I am leaning towards getting three of the double versa Pouch deals where two are connected to the same belt clip.

What do you say?

I use my CR pouches with a spacer that my gun smith makes. The run like $25 for a set of 5 and work great! They push the mags out from your body a little and are very secure. jimjoycecustom.com look him up and give them a try.

I use CR speed for SS, also i have a 5 ready tactical pouches as well have not tried them yet,but i already see a plus in that they take up alot less space on my belt so that my pouches dont go around and touch my holster :unsure:

my buddy makes pretty cool mag pouches out of kydex very reasonable price and they look real good and work real well. let me know if u want his contact info or have any questions

Do you have any pics and prices?

I went ahead and ordered the double cr speed pouches over the weekend. I have plenty of belt real estate so hopefully they won't be a problem. I will have to make those spacers though.

You don't need to make spacers. They come with the pouches. I'll send you instructions and pics.

I went ahead and ordered the double cr speed pouches over the weekend. I have plenty of belt real estate so hopefully they won't be a problem. I will have to make those spacers though.

You don't need to make spacers. They come with the pouches. I'll send you instructions and pics.

Ever tried to put mags into those pouches on the clock with the included spacers?

Safariland 771's are the fastest. If you get lazy on the pull, the mags will come out the front. It helps when you're on your 4th or 5th reload. Cheaper than CR's too.

I use 771's for my limited rig too.

DUDE now everybody is going to know what the cool kids use! roflol.gif

Safariland 771's are the fastest. If you get lazy on the pull, the mags will come out the front. It helps when you're on your 4th or 5th reload. Cheaper than CR's too.

I use 773s. They're 2 better than the 771s!

woohoo! I'm in the cool kid group this time!! B)

woohoo! I'm in the cool kid group this time!! B)

roflol.gif

Lets put it this way. I like the 771s so much I have spares!

• 1 month later...

With the Ready Tactical pouches being so slim, are people bunching them together? How well does this work on a CR Speed belt, where you need some velcro contact every now and then to prevent sagging? I'm coming over to SS from L10 with a H&K where I had four widely-spaced adjustable (2x 773 and 2x CR) pouches.

Secondly, for those running the 771/773s, do you put a few right-handed pouches up front, and use lefty pouches in the rear, since they only angle the one way? (I noticed one person say they did this; just interested in the broader picture.)

Thanks!

-- John.

With the Ready Tactical pouches being so slim, are people bunching them together? How well does this work on a CR Speed belt, where you need some velcro contact every now and then to prevent sagging?

I run 6 Ready Tactical pouches, stacked touching one another, and haven't had an issue with sagging. I just make sure the inner/outer belt make good contact on either end of the stack. R,

I guess I should update this thread. Someone emailed me a guy's contact info for homemade kydex pouches. I tried him and was thoroughly impressed. I ordered some for SS and some for my production rig.

cbuell77@yahoo.com is his email if you are interested.