Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy from KY

Howdy folks!

I found this forum through another shooting forum, and it came highly recommended. I'm a life-long shooter, but have little experience in competitions. I shot IDPA for a couple of years until school took over. I have been able to get back into practice a bit, so I hope to really brush up on form and mental aspects of gunning so I can get back into the game.

I look forward to reading and learning lots.

-Will

Thanks for the friendly welcome(s)! I'm in Lexington, actually. Not too far from BGSL, but I'm no longer a member there. I hear that Bud's has started USPSA type stuff, so I may try joining their league. Anyone else near there?

I'm the USPSA match director for BGSL. Come down and watch the Battle in the Bluegrass this friday and sat? I'm also at the Buds USPSA "type" match on thursday, don't know if I'll make it this thursday or not though.

Thanks much for the invite! Would love to come and watch. I will try to get down Saturday.

Also, I just watched your vids and I feel embarrassed to even own a pistol, haha. Excellent shooting, very fluid. I've consistently failed at getting such controlled pairs. This summer = practice time.

What's your pistol make & caliber, incidentally?

Thanks much for the invite! Would love to come and watch. I will try to get down Saturday.

Also, I just watched your vids and I feel embarrassed to even own a pistol, haha. Excellent shooting, very fluid. I've consistently failed at getting such controlled pairs. This summer = practice time.

What's your pistol make & caliber, incidentally?

The one I've been using lately has been a Springfield 1911 Trophy Match in .40.

I should be there on thursday. It would be a great way to get back into the swing of things for you.

It's cool that there are folks from the forum at a local joint. I'm going to try hard to attend this thursday. How many folks normally show up? Is two spare mag holders enough for a G17? Any rules I should review, mag caps, etc? Never ran through a USPSA match before.

Thanks guys! I have read through the rules a bit, and have watched lots of videos/etc. I have a G34 coming to me soon that I hope to have in-hand by Thursday (or else my G17 will get used).

I wanted to ask one more thing. I'm comfortable with a pistol, in so far as I am safe and have developed that sixth sense of being aware of my trigger finger and muzzle direction. I'm accurate during standing shooting. I practice draw strokes (not so much on reloads unfortunately) and do a lot of dry firing. All that said, I'm really far from being a pro! I'm not fast and am not practiced at shooting on the move. So will I end up slowing down the match enough to be a nuisance?

Thanks guys! I have read through the rules a bit, and have watched lots of videos/etc. I have a G34 coming to me soon that I hope to have in-hand by Thursday (or else my G17 will get used).

I wanted to ask one more thing. I'm comfortable with a pistol, in so far as I am safe and have developed that sixth sense of being aware of my trigger finger and muzzle direction. I'm accurate during standing shooting. I practice draw strokes (not so much on reloads unfortunately) and do a lot of dry firing. All that said, I'm really far from being a pro! I'm not fast and am not practiced at shooting on the move. So will I end up slowing down the match enough to be a nuisance?

come to buds thursday....you'll be fine. If your safe we'll fix the rest! cheers.gif

Howdy folks!

I found this forum through another shooting forum, and it came highly recommended. I'm a life-long shooter, but have little experience in competitions. I shot IDPA for a couple of years until school took over. I have been able to get back into practice a bit, so I hope to really brush up on form and mental aspects of gunning so I can get back into the game.

-Will

Welcome!:cheers:

A.T.

come to buds thursday....you'll be fine. If your safe we'll fix the rest! cheers.gif

Great, I will be there. 5:30, yeah? (A bit before that, for me)

Howdy folks!

-Will

Welcome!:cheers:

A.T.

Welcome! This is the best site on shooting that is available. I have yet to have a question that the folks on this forum cannot answer. Welcome, again.

Thanks much!

Corey,

Can you provide some more details on the Bud's Thursday night event? Sounds like it is at Bud's? What time? How many stages? Is it every Thursday?

Every thursday. Arrive at 530ish. We try to go hot at 6. 3 stages in a climate controlled range. Last week we had some rather large courses. Industry Rd in Lexington. We have many new shooters that are just getting their feet wet as well as some of us that have been around a little while. It's a good time.

Match was a great time! Definitely a nice way to 'ease into' competitions. As known beforehand I have lightyears of improvement needed, but it was nice learning to work under a little bit of pressure.

Plus, Shaun didn't even laugh [out loud] when I hurled a mag to the ground during a 'reload'.