Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Knockoff

Dan Hefta

Looks like they are selling mostly airsoft stuff, all originating in Hong Kong. I'm sure it's not the same quality as genuine CR Speed parts. I would seriously check retention before I tried using it in a match. That being said, I look forward to hearing your opinion once you get it.

Looks like they are selling mostly airsoft stuff, all originating in Hong Kong. I'm sure it's not the same quality as genuine CR Speed parts. I would seriously check retention before I tried using it in a match. That being said, I look forward to hearing your opinion once you get it.

I think they call it "Air Soft" so they can sell it internationally... we will see.

i bought the cr speed copy belt from a HK vendor as well and it was quite sturdy and the quality seemed okay for the price. I never tried their holster since I was afraid to use it on a real gun. I'd be interested in your review as well.

I bought one of the "IPSC airsoft mag pouches" that look an awful lot like CR Speed Versa pouches.

It was LH, and you can't switch it. Instead of metal, it's almost all plastic, even where you screw in the screw to is plastic threads.

Seems to be OK, but don't have any faith it's going to last more than a few uses...good luck! Let us know how it works!

they also have some c-more mounts made out of alluminum and knock off c-more's. i have never tried any of the cheap stuff but i read on here somewhere that someone bought a knock off c-more for an airsoft and it was better looking and had a clearer dot than the c-more. prob wouldnt hold up to the recoil though.

"Suitable for most model such as Hi Cape, 1911, Clock…etc."

I never needed to draw a clock, i just check my wrist watch, but to each their own, haha.

Looking forward to a review, but I'd bet the quality of parts isn't up to par with the actual CR gear.

Keep in mind that this is just my personal opinion on the matter.

I don't like to buy stuff that's a blatant rip off of another companies' design.

That being said I realize that in some Asian countries this stuff is the only way people can compete at all since any real firearms goodies are unobtanium.

A lot of the products we use are made in China or overseas already. American companies have them made overseas and then put their brand on them, mark them up 200 percent and then sell them to us. Unfortunately that is the direction our country is heading.

I just received the holster in the mail today. Not impressed with the packaging but it made it all the way from China with no damage. Holster looks exactly like a CR Speed holster, it came with lots of parts for different guns but no directions. So I had to use my head and figure it out on my own. I had to sand it down a bit to fit my Glock 24 but it fits great and is very secure. I just did an hour of dryfire practice with the holster and it functioned flawlessly. I ran around the yard with it locked and unlocked and the gun was secure. So far I am very impressed with this knockoff. $50 including shipping pretty good deal IMHO. :cheers: I will post if I come accross any issues (don't think I will).

I'm shocked that someone would openly post about buying a blatant knockoff of a product made by a company that does a lot to support our sport. They were actually co-main sponsors of the Battle in the Bluegrass I shot this past weekend...enough folks buy knockoffs, and they might tell our match directors to pound sand.

Bart, with all due respect...shocked, that an American would buy and post an opinion on a product from China... sure I could have just bought it and kept my big mouth shut. Quite honestly if it were not for China our country would be in a lot bigger financial mess that we are in now (but that is a whole new topic). I generally buy American when I can but if there is a product that has the same quality at a third of the price... I am buying that product. When I started this topic, I stated that I would give an opinion of the holster when it arrived and that is what I did. It's a very nice holster for $50... will post pics later.