Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

(Ohio) Miami Rifle & Pistol Club

I just wanted to remind folks that MRPC will be holding our first match of the year on March 27th. Sign up starts at 9:00am with the match starting at 10:00am. Match fee is $16.00 for non-members and $14.00 for members.

On April 24th we will hold our classifier match with 6 classifiers. Start times are the same as above but we will be tacking on $2.00 to our regular match fee.

If you plan on attending the 2011 Ohio Sectional this will give you an opportunity to get the lay of the land and find your way to the club. The sectional will be taking the place of our regular monthly match. So don't show up on May 22nd and expect to shoot a local match. :lol:

I hope to see you there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a dumb question. I am currently an unclassified shooter. I plan to shoot the classifier in April and the Sectional match in May. If I register for the sectional match while I am an unclassified shooter and then become classified before the May match, do I shoot unclassified or as my new class?

This may be a dumb question. I am currently an unclassified shooter. I plan to shoot the classifier in April and the Sectional match in May. If I register for the sectional match while I am an unclassified shooter and then become classified before the May match, do I shoot unclassified or as my new class?

You will be the classification that is in the USPSA system when the scorekeeper does the classification check update just before the match starts.

Ssssoooooo. That means that the classifier match scores must be uploaded before Sedro does it monthly classification update around the 10th. See USPSA web site classificaton page for the details of the process.

MDA

If you shoot the classifier match in April you SHOULD have a classification by the time the Ohio Sectional comes around. We update the scoring program just prior to doing the scores for the match so you will be listed under your new classification for the match. It doesn't matter what your registration form for the match says because we will use the most up to date information from USPSA. I hope that answered your question.

You guys are all close ...... technically ...... whatever classification you hold at the beginning of the 1st day of the match is what counts. Basically when the 1st shots are fired.

The classifier match is being held on April 24th, the scores will be done the same day ( B) ) and uploaded to USPSA that night, so that when they perform their monthly update on or around May 15th (which is a Sunday) the classifications will be updated by the time the match starts later that week on May 20th, and everybody will be current.

FYI the same thing applies to Juniors, Seniors, and Super Seniors ......... if your birthday falls on or right before May 20th (first day of the match) you've made the cutoff. Seniors and Super Seniors will be upgraded to the appropriate age bracket. Juniors will no longer be juniors on their 18th birthday .......... But if your birthday falls on May 21st, or May 22nd you are just S.O.L. :)

I just wanted to remind folks that MRPC will be holding our first match of the year on March 27th. Sign up starts at 9:00am with the match starting at 10:00am. Match fee is $16.00 for non-members and $14.00 for members.

On April 24th we will hold our classifier match with 6 classifiers. Start times are the same as above but we will be tacking on $2.00 to our regular match fee.

If you plan on attending the 2011 Ohio Sectional this will give you an opportunity to get the lay of the land and find your way to the club. The sectional will be taking the place of our regular monthly match. So don't show up on May 22nd and expect to shoot a local match. :lol:

I hope to see you there.

Can I show up April 24th and do the 6 stages to get classified or do I have to be a member of your club or have already shot at your club? I am new at this and have only done 2 matches at the south florida pistol club. I just want to get classfied (I am a bit drunk so dont mind the bad spelling) WAIT! Is this even in Florida? I looks like I am in the wrong state! Sorry.

Edited by JayJayJay

You do not have to be a member of the club to shoot any of our matches but you do need to be a member of USPSA to get a classification. All you need to do is show up sometime after 9:00 am and you can join the 70+ shooters that will be there. :cheers:

You do not have to be a member of the club to shoot any of our matches but you do need to be a member of USPSA to get a classification. All you need to do is show up sometime after 9:00 am and you can join the 70+ shooters that will be there. :cheers:

You do have to be sober though! :roflol:

If (as some predict) there is snow on the ground Sunday morning... What is the best route into MR&P? With the covered bridge out, most of the ways in are fairly hilly. [Miami R&P is a club is in SW Ohio, not anywhere near Miami, Florida!]

If (as some predict) there is snow on the ground Sunday morning... What is the best route into MR&P? With the covered bridge out, most of the ways in are fairly hilly. [Miami R&P is a club is in SW Ohio, not anywhere near Miami, Florida!]

I know you don't want to take the Benton Rd route. I am going out there tomorrow to setup for the match. I will take the 132 to the other end of Williams Stonelick Corner Rd and let you know. Kevin S. might have a suggestion as well.

SL,

I took 132 to the other end of Williams Stonelick Corner Rd and the hill is considerably better than the Benton Rd hill. The road is wider and the curve is not as bad as Benton Rd.

-Andy