Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

115gr bullets for 9mm major . . .

Pro2AInPA

Yes, I tried to search . . .

I'm thinking of trying some 115gr CMJs or JHPs for 9mm major to use more powder and make more gas to work the comp. Up until now I've been using 8.3gr of HS-6 under the 124gr bullets. Can anyone give me some rough ideas of how much HS-6 they're using under 115gr bullets for 9mm major?

Edited by Pro2AInPA

Hello: I sent you all the info I had for my old gun that you have now :devil: The 115's are the bomb for that shorty :cheers: If I can figure out how to download these videos from my camera you can see how flat they shot at the nationals. The guys I shot with thought it was a 38 SC at first until I told them it was a 9mm. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I sent you all the info I had for my old gun that you have now The 115's are the bomb for that shorty If I can figure out how to download these videos from my camera you can see how flat they shot at the nationals. The guys I shot with thought it was a 38 SC at first until I told them it was a 9mm. Thanks, Eric

can you share for all?

Hello: I sent you all the info I had for my old gun that you have now The 115's are the bomb for that shorty If I can figure out how to download these videos from my camera you can see how flat they shot at the nationals. The guys I shot with thought it was a 38 SC at first until I told them it was a 9mm. Thanks, Eric

can you share for all?

Eric recommended 9.1gr of HS-6 under a 115gr JHP at 1.170".

Of course, loads developed for a different gun from a different batch of the same powder will give you different results. Be it as it may, I like loading just a bit shorter, 1.140", for a bit of extra bullet retention with no feeding issues, and using 8.9gr of my HS-6 batch in that gun gave me the pf of 168. 9.1gr of the same powder produced slightly more dot jump, so for that reason I preferred 8.9gr.

For you guys who are loading the MG 115gr JHP to 1.170", doesn't that barely leave ANY bullet in the case? I've loaded the 124gr JHPs to 1.170" and it made me nervous how little bullet was left in the case. :surprise:

I shot 10,000 115 gr MG JHP at 1.170" for two years,

and no problem - fed well in SVI mags without spacers.