Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Northwest Multigun Challenge - July 9th and 10th

Scott,

I've got my app filled out but need to know if we can park travel trailers in the field? It's 28ft

I haven't seen a reply to this, but there were a few rigs in the field this past weekend at the Area 1 pistol match.

I sent an email out but did not post it here. We have approval from the range to let people camp out. Please set up at the East end of the range in the parking area.

Doug

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got more folks on the ammended Squad list and another Gold Sponsor, STS Arms has joined us for the match. Some limited space available, but you won't get a t-shirt, since we went over 100 shooters today and thats all the shirts I ordered. When you see someone else wearing one of our shirts you'll wish you had gotten one too!

Doug

Our Shirt Logo

NWMC2011 Low.bmp

Nice shirt design ! anybody we know ?

Can't wait for this one

No, some dude from out in Michigan where they designed the logo and printed the shirts. I wanted a shirt that people want to wear all the time, I have a couple from the DPMS and FN matches that we used as inspiration.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

I have some room, send me your info to nwmultigun@aol.com and I'll get you on a squad. List some people that you want to shoot with and your division. You can pay at the match, too late to send a check.

Doug

Doug,

What are the arrangements for food during the match? Will there be lunch available at the range or do we need to bring our own?

Thanks,

Judith

Good question, we have a sandwich shop near by that we order from. When you register you can order lunch for both days which will be delivered to you at the stage you are shooting. Its $15 for 2 lunches which include a really nice sandwich custom made to your specs, a cookie, a bag of chips and your choice of drink. We will have cold water available at each stage. Hope its not too hot but who knows at Albany.

ROs shot 5 stages today, lots of fun and we also did one MOR stage, so many ROs thought it was cool that a bunch of people borrowed one guys gun and shot it. I used my heavy .308 and managed to hit all the targets.

The Crimson Trace Dark House is going to blow people away. You get to shoot a Next Generation SBR with Crimson Trace Infared Lasers and PVS15 night vision goggles in a large maze that resembles an actual house designed by Crimson's Iain Harrison. Its amazing how fun it is to shoot $15,000 worth of other peoples stuff.

See you all on Saturday!

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Outstanding Match!! One of the smoothest, funnest, fastest and well thought out matches I've ever seen!! Being a 3rd bat guy back in the 2000's I've had my fair share of time behind a gun on nods with an IR laser. But holy crap was that Dark House Fun!! Fastest 15 seconds I've have in a long time :P. Thanks a ton to Ian and all the sponsors for that and the rest of the match. I hope to see you all again next year, or sooner!!

RLTW

Just posted the overalls at http://www.nwmultigun.com/Sponsors_TCRA.html at the bottom of the page. If anyone knows about EZWinscore and can tell me how to post stage scores and combined results please PM me, need help and sleep.

Great group of shooters, everyone was in a good mood and we were blessed with great weather. Hope you all had fun, made us want to do it again so Scott and I talked about what we can do to top this years match in 2012.

Doug

Here is a short video of Stage 2- Crimson Trace Dark House. This is my run and the RO is Iain Harrison. A professional video of the match will be available soon. PM me if interested. Got to go back to the range and finish picking up steel.

Doug

Before this match I use to not care much for prop guns in matches

But the Next Generation SBR's with CT IR lasers that were used in the dark house

were the best !

The best way to describe the Crimson trace dark house stage would be ..

"it was like you were actually in a CQB video game"

Oh, and I ran into the wall with my muzzle when I turned the corner

just like I do when playing those video games.. :roflol:

Great match way to go Doug and Scott :bow:

I also would like to thank Doug & Scott for a superb job this weekend! Stages were fun, everything ran smooth. Also want to thank all the RO's for their hard work & professionalism. Keep this event running every year & I will make sure I keep returning, again awesome event!:)

-Rudy-

I echo what everyone else said. Excellent match - already planning on shooting it again next year. The way things went on the long range, I should probably start practicing now. Many thanks to Scott, Doug, stage sponsors, and the RO staff for a well planned and well executed match. Special thanks to Iain Harrison, Peter Lesbo, Next Gen, Crimson Trace, Earl and all the others that way above and beyond making making the dark house what will likely be a once in a lifetime match experience - half Call of Duty, half oven; all cool. That might have been the faster 19 seconds of my life. I tried everything I could to get a reshoot, but those Next Gen piston SBRs ran flawless. Thanks to everyone who made the match what it was and I will see you all next year.

Lee

Maybe I'm biased since I was working the match, but that was one of the best multigun matches I've ever shot. Stages were simple and straight forward. There was no tricky business so when you screwed up, it was because YOU screwed up, nothing more. Although I like to blame otherthings for my lack of ability, it was pretty hard to find someone else to blame. ;) Every comfort was put in the stage as well by providing carpets, barrels, cool water and everything that a shooter needs to get through without having to break themselves just to get up to shoot and make a shot. Those lunches were great! That shoot house was the coolest thing that any competitive shooter will ever get the chance to do. A great big thanks for stage 2 go out to Ian for building it and making it happen.

Having all major calls being made by the MD took all the worry away from strange RO's imposing thier will on the shooter even though it added pressure to Doug himself. And when have you ever shot a match where you had more prizes than shooters? And at a match that wasn't supposed to have prizes anyway? Too cool. I don't recall seeing or meeting any unhappy people short of those unlucky shooters who got poped primers using XM193. Bsd ammo, bad!

I'm really glad I went and had a great time not just shooting but running shooters. Being located in Albany and next to Corvalis also provided a lot of really good places to eat and brewerys. Like the governator said, 'I'll be back'.

Thanks to Doug, Scott and ARPC for a great match. I found the stages to be interesting and challenging but not impossible. This is the first match I have RO'd where every shooter seemed to be enjoying the match. Maybe not every stage but we all had one of those! See you next year, Brian

This was my first major match and if all of them are as great as this I will be doing as many as I possibly can great job to Doug Scott and all of the Sponsors !!

I can only echo what the others have said about the dark house Iain and Crimson trace really did a fantastic job!!

I will be back

14 and 15 July 2012...mark you calendars for the next installment of the 6th Annual Northwest Challenge! Yes, we are that stupid and my wife has already stepped up and said she will run stats again...God Bless her!

The sponsors really did help us out...at the last second PWS jumped in with a Bronze Sponsorship for the match too, Many thanks to Todd Tuttle of PWS for his support of the sport :bow:

We do want to thank all the sponsors for their great support.

Our RO's were spot on and we could not have had such a great match without their devotion to duty and fairness! Out of 109 shooters we only had 1 DQ but the shooter stayed the whole match and helped the squad tape and reset...so we let him get a bag of goodies/walk the prize table too! Everyone got to go to the prize table at least once, some got to go twice since we had more prizes/bags than shooters.

If you have any suggestions for the match next year please contact us through nwmultigun@aol.com .

Again, hope all had a great time and now Doug and I can plan for next year and shoot and RO the Rocky Mt. 3 Gun.

See you on the range,

God Bless,

Scott