Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Northwest Multigun Challenge - July 9th and 10th

The application is up and we are getting ready for a fun filled 10 stage 3 gun match on July 9th and 10th 2011 at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in Albany, Oregon. At least 2 stages of long range and a dark house. Most stages will be at least 2 guns and a few 3 gun stages. If you are interested in being an RO contact me. ROs will get a free entry, plus 2 free lunches plus $75 for lodging and shoot on Thursday 7/7 and Friday 7/8. You can direct questions to nwmultigun@aol.com.

Here is the link to the app: http://www.northwestsection.org/files/NWMGC%20app%20final%20c.pdf

Doug

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure from the application. Is this a plaque only match or prize table like in years past.

It is a plaque match and I removed any reference to prizes on the application, but then I also dropped the fee by $75. Hope you come to it even if there are not any spiffy prizes.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Doug,

Just saw the application on the site, this is the guy from New York. Will get the app in the mail by Monday. I,m interested in ROing, a newly minted RO and would be interested in helping out if I can get away from the family the extra days. If I can it will be on my app. Should be alot of fun.

Thanks....Paul

Is the website up and running yet?

Doug,

Just saw the application on the site, this is the guy from New York. Will get the app in the mail by Monday. I,m interested in ROing, a newly minted RO and would be interested in helping out if I can get away from the family the extra days. If I can it will be on my app. Should be alot of fun.

Thanks....Paul

Is the website up and running yet?

Good, I'm looking forward to meeting you. No website for now, just the application.

Doug

Shot the Tac rifle match at Custer Saturday and 49 People showed up. I made an announcement and about 50% were interested in attending.

Great! Getting Apps every day, should be a fun match. I started a little web site, not much on it yet but I hope to post all my info there. Check it out at http://www.nwmultigun.com

Doug

Match Rules have been posted. Please read them as there are some differences from other matches. We have tried to develop a set of rules that will be fun, fair and provide for an exciting match. Please feel free to PM me with questions.

Here is a link to the rules: http://www.nwmultigun.com/uploads/NWMG_RULES.pdf

Doug

Doug,

This is Paul Fetonti. Do you have any suggestions for a place to stay while I'm shooting the match?

Don't feel like driving back and forth from Beaverton to the match.

Thanks.....Paul

Doug,

This is Paul Fetonti. Do you have any suggestions for a place to stay while I'm shooting the match?

Don't feel like driving back and forth from Beaverton to the match.

Thanks.....Paul

Hi Paul,

There are a bunch of hotels/motels in the Albany area. I normally stay at the Quality Inn, pretty cheap but they have breakfast and nice rooms. http://www.qualityinn.com/ires/en-US/html/CitySearch?placetype=city&placename=albany&state_country=ORUS&chain=Q&source=gqoh32

Doug

Scott and I did a few mods to the rules last night and they have been posted at http://www.nwmultigun.com/uploads/NWMG_RULES_ver_3-21-11.pdf. The changes are an attempt to make the match more shooter friendly. Here are some of the basic items shooters seem to want to know:

Cinched mags are allowed.

No porcupines or other attachments that would damage props.

Up to 30 rounds of .308 allowed in Heavy Tactical (see http://www.highercapacity.us if you need bigger mags).

1 optic and auto shotguns allowed in Heavy Tactical.

No DQ for dropping an unloaded gun.

No DQ for abandonment in a safe location but improper condition (will zero stage).

Please read the rules and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for someone to split a room at the Albany EconoLodge with. Current reservations are check-in Thursday pm (I'm an RO) and check-out Sunday am (can be altered if necessary). I'm driving from Portland and would also be interested in discussing shared travel. Anybody interested?

Thanks,

ac

Doug: if you don't want this post here let me know and I'll remove it.

I'm looking for someone to split a room at the Albany EconoLodge with. Current reservations are check-in Thursday pm (I'm an RO) and check-out Sunday am (can be altered if necessary). I'm driving from Portland and would also be interested in discussing shared travel. Anybody interested?

Thanks,

ac

Doug: if you don't want this post here let me know and I'll remove it.

No problem, I was hoping that someone would bump up this thread!

Doug

AC

I'm interested in sharing both the driving and room.

I'm comming from New York, will be visiting family in Beaverton.

Will arrive late on 7/5/2011.

Was going to get myself a room and a car to drive down to Albany for the match.

If your interested in cutting costs, as I am, send me a private message and we can discuss details.

If our needs don't gel, don't feel bad about saying no.

Thanks.....Teemch5

Ok,

Just want to thank a couple of folks for stepping up and donating to the Match.

#1. RandR Targets! :bow: Robert Wright has donated about $6,000 worth of targets to the match. We couldn't do this without his help.

#2. DPMS! :bow: They were the second to join in and give us a bunch of guns and parts for a give away. I am not saying there is going to be a prize table but as donations come in we are going to give them away!

#3. Crimson Trace! :excl: Crimson Trace is on board and is donating to the cause and Iain has given us the great idea to have a dark house with some night vision devices and IR lasers. Crimson Trace is going to supply all props for this stage thanks to Iain Harrison...all I can say is this will be a first for most shooters to do this. Now if I can just find an RO that can act like a tunnel rat!

Please remember these companies when you need supplies/things. Yes, they support our sport!

That is all for now...will keep you posted.

Sincerely,

RLTW,

Scott

Edited by busyhawk

#3. Crimson Trace! :excl: Crimson Trace is on board and is donating to the cause and Iain has given us the great idea to have a dark house with some night vision devices and IR lasers. Crimson Trace is going to supply all props for this stage thanks to Iain Harrison...all I can say is this will be a first for most shooters to do this. Now if I can just find an RO that can act like a tunnel rat!

Please remember these companies when you need supplies/things. Yes, they support our sport!

That is all for now...will keep you posted.

Sincerely,

RLTW,

Scott

Hell Yea!

I'll run it!

We'll have fun - Whoo Hoo!

Hasta,

Earl

Edited by A well Earled machine