Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 TN SECTIONALS

We are proud to announce that NTPS(North TN Practical Shooters) in Dickson,TN will continue to host the 2011 TN SECTIONALS on August 12-14, 2011. We are having it in a different format this year. Awarding Plaques + Cash payout, Match fee: $100, $50 for juniors. Shooting format: Friday all day, Saturday all day, Sat am/sun am or Sat pm/sun am. 10 Stages with approx. 300 rounds + chrono. We will update match info here when available, Thanks.

Dundee Uy TY35534

Match Director

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, for the last 3 years the date of this match has changed just enough that I'm working!!! Surely a month could be chosen and left alone, lol. This is a great match and I hate having missed it so many times. Next year I'm off in August and I bet the match will be in September!

Awesome I can now shoot it!

Maybe now we have time to get 10 shooters for this match!

My app just went in, and it's marked SS major. We're up to two!

Well the push is on this year. I'll probably be there to make it #3 in Single Stack :sight:

Man, for the last 3 years the date of this match has changed just enough that I'm working!!! Surely a month could be chosen and left alone, lol. This is a great match and I hate having missed it so many times. Next year I'm off in August and I bet the match will be in September!

The problem is the Nationals. We always initially schedule this match for September and then await to see if that match is going to sit on top of our match. When we tried pushing this match out after the nationals, we found that many people stop traveling for matches. And so when the Nationals is scheduled for September, it really compresses a lot of match into a short time frame.

Our second date after learning of the schedule for the nationals was the first part of September, that date was goofed when both Area 8 and Area 4 were scheduled on that same weekend (which was announced after we picked that weekend). So we were then forced to move the dates back one week.....only to find that several folks in this area were attending a 3-Gun match.

Which is why so many of us would love it if majors could simply pick a time frame and keep it the same year after year. When you have Area matches and Nationals constantly bouncing around, Level II matches are typically left paying the price.....and thus why TN's dates have been very volatile the past few years.

:huh: Well since the dates moved and now are the same weekend as Area 3 I will end up missing this match. It was a fun match last year but maybe catch it in 2012. :ph34r:

We know.....there just isn't a good weekend for us this year. Wish I could lobby to make the nationals to be slated for October every year.

I know this general topic is definitely something that Sam Keen is planning to pursue, if elected of course.

• 2 weeks later...

this is alot closer than Nebraska

depends on where you are starting. :devil:

going to be a hell of a walk home for you which ever one we go to

I will take a greyhound. I like meeting people. No disdain here.

People person is what comes to mind when talking about you

People person is what comes to mind when talking about you

I'd say that is about right.