Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new M&P 40 pro

MikeOKC

I just picked this up from Mike at Accurate Iron in Jones, OK today and can't wait to shoot it. It has had the slide lightened, trigger job, grip stippling, magwell and front sight changed. I also got three magazines with the Taylor Freelance extensions installed.

Sorry for the not so great pictures they were taking with my cell phone and I am a horrible photographer.

614510806_photobucket_31922_.jpg

614510806_photobucket_31924_.jpg

614510806_photobucket_31923_.jpg

Here is a picture comparing it to my other M&P40 that was also worked on by Accurate Iron.

614510806_photobucket_31920_.jpg

Thanks for looking....

• 2 weeks later...

MikeOKC, which magwell is that? I'm building a similar 40. Picking it up next week so ordering parts now...

It is the Speed Shooter Specialties limited magwell.

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/catalog/displayitem.php?rowid=657&type=M&P 9/40/357 Limited Magwell, Aluminum

looks great! how do the lightening cuts interfere or enhance slide manipulation? I sling shot my M&P with the rear serrations... maybe i'm doing it wrong though

:surprise:

I have not noticed any difference between this slide and my other M&P40 slide that is stock, when it comes to slide manipulation.

looks great, get a chance to shoot it yet?

I have shot it at one match and a few times at the range and I really like how it shoots and feels in my hands.

Edited by MikeOKC

Mike was nice enough to let me be the very first person to fire that sweet pistol. It is super fast. If you haven't handled an Accurate Iron M&P you are missing out. Part of me wants one for a 3-gun pistol, but I'm torn between that and a new AI 2011!!

looks great! how do the lightening cuts interfere or enhance slide manipulation? I sling shot my M&P with the rear serrations... maybe i'm doing it wrong though

:surprise:

I rack the slide via the front and didn't have any issue with it at all. If anything the front cuts give you a little more traction. I doubt the rear cuts would bother you.

Mike was nice enough to let me be the very first person to fire that sweet pistol. It is super fast. If you haven't handled an Accurate Iron M&P you are missing out. Part of me wants one for a 3-gun pistol, but I'm torn between that and a new AI 2011!!

I would love to have a AI 2011. When you get one, please let me fire a few shots from it...