Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GAS

EEH

Its just a good thing our leaders learned from the problems we have had since the 1970s with our dependence on foreign oil.

Im so happy they put all the hard effort into developing policy that allowed us to take advantage or our OWN VAST resources.

If they had not made those choices, our entire economy and the well being of all our citizens would be in peril at the whim of despots and dictators around the world.

Its such a good thing we have elected leaders that put our Nation and its people first over special interest groups like Earth First.

Or we could be in REAL trouble :surprise:

Dont ya love pleasant Dreams? :wub:

Jim

Edited by GentlemanJim

Here's a question. If oil is "fossil fuel" how did it get 30,000 feet under the gulf? Also, why are there such huge amounts of it localized to one location? Did all the plants and dinos congregate and stack up nice and neat for us before they died?

Jake

The earth is like a giant pressure cooker, and the formation of oil can have some relationship with that.

Who can answer that question? geologists dont even agree :blink:

Jim

Its just a good thing our leaders learned from the problems we have had since the 1970s with our dependence on foreign oil.

Its such a good thing we have elected leaders that put our Nation and its people first over special interest groups like Earth First.

Jim

But Jim, how do those leaders get into office and stay there. Could it be the ignorant citizens of this country?:angry:

Pat

I saw a little blurb buried in the inside of my local paper saying that newly discovered drilling techniques could open or reopen vast oil fields in the US and reduce our imports by 50% in 10 years!!! This seems like the news of the century and the media hasn't exactly made it front page news. Whats up with that?

Before we all get mad at oil companys....fact is that oil speculators in the stock market, directly drive the prices.

Jim

And that all we're dealing with today. Our only hope is that their bubble bursts fast!

For the general population to switch over to so called green energy.

It has to become so terribly painful that we have no real choice.

We were told more than two years ago, our current leadership wanted gas at $5.00 or more to promote their agenda.

No person should be surprised that it would happen.

Jim

We were told more than two years ago, our current leadership wanted gas at $5.00 or more to promote their agenda.

Well their agenda looks like its working. I'm visiting family in Ardmore, Oklahoma and at the gas station about 500 yards away from the Valero refinery, it $3.19 per gallon.

Too bad they don't sell "factory direct". Might save a few cents on shipping.

Bill

The most critical element we're dealing with stateside is refinement. A qualifier, I grew up in the deep-sea oil and gas exploration industry and spent nearly two decades searching for the stuff around the globe.

I can assure you we're not lacking in the "raw material". The sad reality is that for the last 25 years the percentage of imported finished goods meaning gasoline and diesel has exploded. Shame on ALL OF US for allowing this to occur. A simple "announcement" that we intend to build 40 modern refineries would have a monumental impact on the worlds oil market. I could go on for days about this but will spare you that.

Jim

The Hate forum is for rants only - no lengthy discussions or debates.

Hate Threads that turn into discussions or debates will automatically be locked without notice.

Please type "CLOSED" as the last line of your initial post, if you do not want anyone to post in your thread (and a Moderator will lock your thread).

Thanks!

be