Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

About to spring for a M2...

Jin

Found out my wife is planning to buy me a semi auto shotgun for my 35th birthday!

I initially thought I wanted a non-pistol grip 18.5 inch M2 Tactical. but after talking with a helpful fellow I shoot 3 gun with, he reccomended the 21 inch field. and a quick search yeilded the same results on this board.

From my search I gather the 21 inch Field is more desired than 18.5, because of the ribbed/vented barrel, and the fact that a +5 shell extension tube ends up flush. Are there any other benifits that I am missing? part of me still likes the idea of 18.5 inches with rifle sights; because that's what i am running with right now (870P).

I don't remember how, but i stumbled on this youtube video "What Shotgun is Best for 3 Gun???" by jtischauser. Am i the last person to see it? Thought it was freaking hillarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYG0dy4riLI

Edited by Jin

21 inch field with +5 NC tube is the way to go. The field gun has the comforTech stock...makes for some easy soft shooting. The tactical comes with a pistol grip and no recoil absorber in the stock. You won't be disappointed once you get it together.

I love mine! :cheers:

post-15700-038807000 1297376866_thumb.jp

21 inch field with +5 NC tube is the way to go. The field gun has the comforTech stock...makes for some easy soft shooting. The tactical comes with a pistol grip and no recoil absorber in the stock. You won't be disappointed once you get it together.

I love mine! :cheers:

wow...looks nice. nicely kept grass also!

I was originally headed towards the M2 Tactical configuration with the comfortech stock.

Usually, for tactical you start with 8+1, but at most IMA matches, you can top off if you want.. so you can put on a +8 tube... on an 18.5" that's way past the barrel.

Even with a 24" it's still passed the end about one shell length.

Just something to keep in mind..

M2 field for sure. Here is a picture of my "Salient Benelli." I also put on rifle sights on it.

wow...very nice! where can i get rifle sights like that?

It is one of the top set-ups, but where did you find one, I could not find a M2 field 21" anywhere

The gun shop i deal with didn't have either configuration. I have a 3 gun match this weekend; where i will make up my mind via checking out fellow shooter's M2's. I'm going to order from the gun shop next week and will have to wait for a good while i assume.

I just ordered a 21 inch M2 from Michael Murphy and Sons ( http://www.michaelmurphyandsons.com/ ) which was the only place I could find that had them. Found 'em on Auction Arms by googling, basically.

Talked to Marc there, and he was great to deal with - the shop had sold the last 21 incher out from under him while he was at a show, but he's supposed to have mine and a few more tomorrow. The catch is, all he can get right now is APG camo! :) I didn't care whether it was pink, but if you gotta have black then it will be about 4 more weeks! Just put in my Nordic order for +5 extension, bolt handle, etc. Screw two-tone, I'm gonna be 6 or 8 tone with the camo on there! :)

BenelliM2APG.jpg

Edited by chainring

It is one of the top set-ups, but where did you find one, I could not find a M2 field 21" anywhere

I went to my local dealer...he didn't stock them, but ordered one for me and I had it in 2 days. That was just under 2 years ago.

M2 field for sure. Here is a picture of my "Salient Benelli." I also put on rifle sights on it.

wow...very nice! where can i get rifle sights like that?

The gun shop i deal with didn't have either configuration. I have a 3 gun match this weekend; where i will make up my mind via checking out fellow shooter's M2's. I'm going to order from the gun shop next week and will have to wait for a good while i assume.

The sights are Universal Rifle Shotgun Sights---www.williamsgunsight.com

Getting a 21" field is going to be hard the next year or so. Tony from Velocity Shooters has apparently bought up all the 21" field guns from Benelli this year. He is the distributor for "Salient Arms." The Salient was developed by Taran Butler and the gunsmith is Rob Melhorn. The "Salient" Benelli is unbelievable.

all,

Do the M2 taticals have chokes in them?

Chivas,

My shop told me that Benelli was out of the 21 inch and it will take about 6 weeks to get one in. Don't know if they got the 6 week quote from benelli, or they are assuming.

all,

Do the M2 taticals have chokes in them?

Chivas,

My shop told me that Benelli was out of the 21 inch and it will take about 6 weeks to get one in. Don't know if they got the 6 week quote from benelli, or they are assuming.

Yes, the M2 Tacticals have chokes in them. IMO for 3Gun you need Full, Light Modified or Modified, and a Diffuser choke. As for the quote you got from your shop I do not know. I just know Tony told me after I bought mine he bought all of the M2 fields from Benelli and the ones coming overseas. This does not account for the misc one in someone's shop. If you can wait I would. Put in your order and see what happens.

I just ordered a 21 inch M2 from Michael Murphy and Sons ( http://www.michaelmurphyandsons.com/ ) which was the only place I could find that had them. Found 'em on Auction Arms by googling, basically.

Talked to Marc there, and he was great to deal with - the shop had sold the last 21 incher out from under him while he was at a show, but he's supposed to have mine and a few more tomorrow. The catch is, all he can get right now is APG camo! :) I didn't care whether it was pink, but if you gotta have black then it will be about 4 more weeks! Just put in my Nordic order for +5 extension, bolt handle, etc. Screw two-tone, I'm gonna be 6 or 8 tone with the camo on there! :)

BenelliM2APG.jpg

I've been talking to Mark as well. He offered me a 21" APG, but I'll hold out for a black. My biggest quandary is if a 24" comes available first, should I get it?

Edited by prreed10

Let me know how that works out. I have a new 21" black m2 I may part with if another deal comes thru for me.

Hope this doesnt violate any rules

Bets

Well, my quandary came to life. Found a 24" locally for $900. I'm meeting him after lunch today...

I just know Tony told me after I bought mine he bought all of the M2 fields from Benelli and the ones coming overseas. This does not account for the misc one in someone's shop. If you can wait I would. Put in your order and see what happens.

decided to follow advice and order a 21 inch field. it was also cool that I was able to check some out at this past weekend's 3 gun match.

From what i am reading i may have quite a wait; and i have a feeling it will be. But i hope it's not excessive like the end of the year. Oh, well...i will keep working/practicing with my 870P. if the wait is until the end of the year; at least it will give me the chance to consider the miculek/benny mossberg 930.

Edited by Jin

from what i have read on various places, if you dont get the comfortech stock, might as well look into the M1s?

too many darn options out there in the shotgun world right now and too many specualtions on even more, haha.

Make sure to get the comfort-tek stock or you are wasting money.

from what i have read on various places, if you dont get the comfortech stock, might as well look into the M1s?

Thanks for the heads up; this is the type of info I was looking for. I have a 21 inch Field on order = confortech stock.

Anyone else waiting for their 21 inch M2? how long have you been waiting? :wacko:

Let me know how that works out. I have a new 21" black m2 I may part with if another deal comes thru for me.

Hope this doesnt violate any rules

Bets

Well, my quandary came to life. Found a 24" locally for $900. I'm meeting him after lunch today...

So does this meen you have a 21" M2 that you would sell? <_<