Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a bigger bathroom.....

CZinSC

I started to write this in the "I Hate" forum, but figured you would all get a nice laugh at my expense.....

The day started off well, I had a good match at the local club, so after I got home, the girlfriend and I started getting ready to meet some friends for dinner at a popular new sports bar downtown. While trying to get past her in the bathroom at the double sink, I ventured onto "her side" and proceeded to step on her hair straightening iron with my bare foot! :surprise: At first I thought I just stepped on something odd shaped, but when I looked down and saw what my toes were on, I noticed the "on" light glowing like a burning sun. Speaking of burning suns....right around that time was when the pain hit me.....and I realized just how hot those things can get. First reaction was to let out a blood curdling yell which made the two dogs we have bolt from the bedroom like someone just rang the dinner bell two houses down. Now the panic set in as I tried to best figure a way of cooling off my now medium rare cooked toes. Bathtub empty, sink too high to get foot in...yep...you got it...I jammed my foot in the toilet! Thankfully it was full of water and nothing else. :ph34r:

The whole time I'm thinking %&*#, Florida Open is only two weeks away! So after icing it down the pain subsided, and when we got home later I checked out the damage...two fat blisters, one underneath the 4th toe, one on the side of the big toe. Hurts a little when I walk, but is should be OK in two weeks. Going to have to start being more careful...

What the hell was her hair straightening iron doing on the floor and on? If it wasn't on the floor what the hell were you doing walking across the vanity? Well, which one was it?:roflol:

Pat

Believe me....as I stood there with my foot in the crapper....I looked up and asked that very question!

Answer: "Because I just turned in on and there wasn't enough room on the counter". :o

I did the exact same thing a few years ago in motel at an away shoot. Broke 2 ribs falling into the bathtub. Burnt foot and 2 broken ribs, all the wife said was" well I told you the bathroom was small". I think she was trying to kill me.

I did the exact same thing a few years ago in motel at an away shoot. Broke 2 ribs falling into the bathtub. Burnt foot and 2 broken ribs, all the wife said was" well I told you the bathroom was small". I think she was trying to kill me.

Was? :roflol:

She's not anymore? :roflol:

This sound like something my wife would do. :roflol:

And then I'd get an earful because it was MY FAULT.... :roflol:

I hope you'll be ok in a week!

Trust me..it was my fault...in her eyes. I got the "you never come to my side"...mind you, it's 3 feet away. It's not like I took the long way around the house and arrived on "her side".

So far so good today. Blisters aren't as bad as originally thought. They should be fine in 12 days.

Sterilize some nail clippers. Then 'bite' into the blisters with the clipper. DO NOT remove a chunk of skin.

Next step, get some water on the stove. Get it boiling hot and add iodized salt to it. Add salt until the water will not take any more salt.

Next, wait until the water is warm, but not too hot (elbow or wrist test) and when it is cool enough, immerse your foot for about 1/2 hour.

In 5 minutes, nothing will happen. 5:10 you will start to hurt a little. But be patient. The salt water will 'numb' the raw meat under the blister and promote healing, while the disassociated iodine in solution will act as an antibacterial.

Then remove your foot after the 1/2 hour is up, and dry thoroughly without rubbing (you want to keep the blistered skin on)

Occlude your foot in a cotton sock with a light application of polysporin each night for 3 days

Repeat this once a day for 3 days, and your toes will be brand new in no time.

Guaranteed to work.

Or take yarn, made of a natural fiber, thread it through a needle and then push the needle through the blisters.

Leave about an inch of yarn on each side of the blister and cut the rest off.

The fiber will transport the moisture to the outside and promotes quicker drying/healing.

Every house should have two bathrooms. One for him and one for her;

The man's bathroom will have a vanity, toilet, shower cubicle, a single wall socket for a shaver. There will be some deodorant, perhaps shaving foam on the counter.

Hers will be 2-3 times larger, have multiple shelves, cupboards, chairs, at least 6 wall sockets for dryers, curling tongs, and numerous unidentifiable electrical appliances. There will be at least a dozen bottles of shampoo, conditioner, 6 types of face-cream, body cream and other assorted lotions whose immediate purpose should remain unclear.

Putting two people in the same bathroom at the same time is both icky and dangerous, you may find out some things that were better left unknown.

I can mail you the normal price that remodeling a bathroom cost ,& you can ask her if she wants to pay 1/2 .

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather watch where I walk from now on and save the money for new guns/reloading supplies!

Every house should have two bathrooms. One for him and one for her;

The man's bathroom will have a vanity, toilet, shower cubicle, a single wall socket for a shaver. There will be some deodorant, perhaps shaving foam on the counter.

Hers will be 2-3 times larger, have multiple shelves, cupboards, chairs, at least 6 wall sockets for dryers, curling tongs, and numerous unidentifiable electrical appliances. There will be at least a dozen bottles of shampoo, conditioner, 6 types of face-cream, body cream and other assorted lotions whose immediate purpose should remain unclear.

Putting two people in the same bathroom at the same time is both icky and dangerous, you may find out some things that were better left unknown.

Amen! Thought you might enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDsvM2i0nxQ

• 2 weeks later...