Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1991 Trophy Challenge

outerlimits

Wow, that brings back some memories. I won that stage both years. And I can still remember "how" I did it. I remember, the first year, just before shooting, telling myself - There's no way you can be prepared for what you are going to see - so just shoot when the sights are on target. That worked the first year, so the next year I did exactly the same thing.

Perhaps that would be a good way to always shoot.

;)

Where are you finding all of this great old video?

I took 'em. Just getting around to converting them to digital...

I have tons of this stuff. wish i had filmed a bit more of the super squads back in the day...mostly just me shooting. it is interesting looking back at the stages of old. i will post some of the old western states matches from reno soon. not too many of us around who shot those matches!

Edited by outerlimits

I remember shooting a parachute stage like that at the Linea De Fuego Sectional back in 1994 in Alpine (San Diego). They had it set up in front of a trap house so you jumped off hanging about 15 feet in the air - I had just started shooting and that was my first 'big' match. I'll have to dig around for some photos from back then. I do remember the straps knocked my earmuffs off when I jumped, luckily I was double-plugged (no reshoot back then).

the oakdale hosemosters made a GIANT A frame with which they hung a mock-up ofthe then club president's jeep, from which the shooter retrieved their gun from the glove box and 'activated' the jeep a'rockin by yankin on the emergency brake, the jeep rocked to an fro in a biiiiig arc, and you had 16 targets to deal with as i recall...

I remember shooting a parachute stage like that at the Linea De Fuego Sectional back in 1994 in Alpine (San Diego).

They had a parachute stage at the West End gunclub "Top Gun" match for a few years in the late 80s, too. Lots of fun to shoot. Way better than the stage where you had to charge targets with a bayonet :-0