Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Limited Build

RBros

Guys,

Getting ready to order all the parts for our new limited builds, thought maybe we would post them up and see if there is anything that people would change or won't work well together.

STI LW 5.0 frame and Unique slide

Extreme Engineering Trigger Kit

17lb main spring

14lb recoil spring

Ed Brown rear sight, Dawson front

Ed Brown wide ambi safety

Ed Brown grip safety

Schuemann 5" bull ultimatch

STI FL guide rod

TI main spring cap

STI magwell

STI Sear spring

Aftec extractor

EGW extended ejector

STI TI strut

Someone in another topic posted a link to Ken Sights, might check it out before ordering sights. Saw their web site for the first time last week and was impressed.

I looked at all the bomar copies and I settled on KenSight for the 1911 I just built. They are very well made and they improved on the traditional bomar weak points. For sure worth considering.

My .02

• 2 weeks later...

The professional shooter or Gunsmith, Caspian sets the standard for quality and is guaranteed for life...

Other companies might debate that. Oh, and how we frequently have our guns set up voids the warranty:

"Machine operations such as lightening cuts, or additional lowering of ejection port will void your warranty, It's our call. In some cases we may offer a partial credit."

That is correct on the warranty, always a catch on modifications. Any thoughts on Caspian or another high end 1911 Frame or Slide manufacturer?

I dont think he is building a single stack.

Correct.....these are going to be 2011s. Slides/frames should be showing up any day now. :cheers:

Wish i would have seen this sooner. Just ordered pretty much the same exact thing, would have saved some research!

mine will be here tomarow :)

Copycat......or is it stalker? Just send your parts over and we'll add it to the pile that need to be put together. :cheers:

I had to look at the post date and make sure you didn't figure out my login on SC and copy me!! I just need to figure out a barrel.

Im going to make a go at assembling it. Knowing the guys in the shop this will be one of about 10.

I guess I could have sent you a build sheet with components while we were talking yesterday. You certainly have the equipment to do whatever you want. We might have to do a combined shooting sport package between us....long range rifle, pistol, and AR!