Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rescomp troubles

XDman

Ordered a Speed belt and 5 mag pouches from Rescomp as other places here in US were out. Ordered on 1/13, still no product. Rescomp even said I should have it by now. We both researched and now I find out they used South African Postal Service so the tracking only covers within SA. Once, or if, the package reaches the US, most likely in NY, then I "should" be able to track the package on the USPS site. So currenlty my stuff is somewhere between Joberg and NY. Just a word of advice for US shooters, buy in the US!They should have shipped DHL so the items could be tracked from start to finish.

i received mine in like 3 weeks. The package it comes in will be like the othes said covered in stamps. i couldn't track mine at all justhope and pray it shows up. On a side note the east coast is gettin hammered by snow storms, it could be a few extra days or so...

On a side note the east coast is gettin hammered by snow storms, it could be a few extra days or so...

I think you have hit the nail on the head as anything going through the NE now is at least a week behind and from what I hear, they already have a full weeks worth of stuff to get out with another storm coming. The CR Speed folks are great people and I am certain you will be taken care of.

Im a ex-South African,now living in Canada,and still have a lot of family there.As such we still send a lot of parcels there and receive a lot as well.From our experience,we seem to have had a 50/50 chance of actually receiving our parcels,and likewise our family receiving parcels we send.We have tended to have dissappear the more valuable articles such as clothing,a camera etc.The postal service in SA is rather notorious for this.Not trying to alarm anyone,its just been our experience over the years,to the point that we have more or less given up sending valuables in the mail.Trust that this doesnt apply to your Rescomp package!(I have actually sucessfully dealt with Rescomp,and they have been great to deal with from SA)

Im a ex-South African,now living in Canada,and still have a lot of family there.As such we still send a lot of parcels there and receive a lot as well.From our experience,we seem to have had a 50/50 chance of actually receiving our parcels,and likewise our family receiving parcels we send.We have tended to have dissappear the more valuable articles such as clothing,a camera etc.The postal service in SA is rather notorious for this.Not trying to alarm anyone,its just been our experience over the years,to the point that we have more or less given up sending valuables in the mail.Trust that this doesnt apply to your Rescomp package!(I have actually sucessfully dealt with Rescomp,and they have been great to deal with from SA)

Living in South Africa and having the need to support my habits..hmm hobbies I import most of my items. In the last 10 years or so I have only lost one package that came from the US. To give an indication I probably average about 10 parcels per annum.

However, I do not have any experience sending from South Africa. The last package that I shipped from ZA was about 5 years ago to Cmore and that arrived after 12 working days.

Good luck and I hope your parcel arrives.

I may order something just to get the stamps.

Can packages from Rescomp be insured and if so, how hard is it to collect if the package is lost or damaged?

Bill

If you are really interested I can find out regarding the insurance etc. On the other hand, If it will give you a bit of relief, I can purchase your items and ensure that it leaves here using DHL.

If you are really interested I can find out regarding the insurance etc. On the other hand, If it will give you a bit of relief, I can purchase your items and ensure that it leaves here using DHL.

Thanks.

I have a wish list of things to purchase. I'd like to go through it and see which items (hopefully all of them) are available with my usual sources (Shooters Connection, Brownells, etc). If I need to order my Rescomp stuff direct, I may get back with you.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

• 3 weeks later...