Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll: Best Rock Guitarist of all time

Terrible Poll!!! How can you possibly have Steve Vai on there? Especially without Joe Satriani?

Santana got my vote but Satriani would have gotten it if he had been available. SRV is my favorite but I dont think he is the best...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack White - easily my pick but he's not on the list!

Is this a joke?

No i'm serious. What makes you think i'm joking? I would also put Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine) up there.

Aww, come on. Since rock and role has a well defined homogeneous sound, it must be posisble to empirically decide who is best at it.

This was as stupid question since the second rock band formed. Somewhere around 19 or 20, I realized how stupid it was.

Is this a joke?

No i'm serious. What makes you think i'm joking? I would also put Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine) up there.

Aww, come on. Since rock and role has a well defined homogeneous sound, it must be posisble to empirically decide who is best at it.

This was as stupid question since the second rock band formed. Somewhere around 19 or 20, I realized how stupid it was.

Ha! :cheers:

Is this a joke?

I would also agree on White and Morello...and add Jerry Cantrell from Alice in Chains...and Jerry Garcia.....Dave Navarro....and Adam Jones...

Edited by GrumpyOne

I wouldn't label him "the best", but the guy who filled in when Randy Rhodes died was Brad Gillis from Night Ranger. If you listen to Ozzy's Speak of the Devil album you wouldn't know that guy playing those killer Black Sabbath rifs was from Night Ranger. The band whos biggest hit was from a Michael J Fox movie! :roflol:

Edited by Chris Keen

Terrible Poll!!! How can you possibly have Steve Vai on there? Especially without Joe Satriani?

Santana got my vote but Satriani would have gotten it if he had been available. SRV is my favorite but I dont think he is the best...

I second that!

Hendrix for me. I always stray away but come back over and over again. At times I would put almost any of the guys on the list up there. Who is the guy from the 80s that playes on a double neck guitar and tapped the entire time on both necks?

Can't believe only one other mentioned Satch! All of these are great in their own right but Eric Johnson and Joe Satriani really are masters who rarely get the respect they deserve! That said, Eddie and SRV are probly the most recognizable sounding than any. You just know who it is when you hear SRV or Eddie their sounds are so unique.

Hendrix for me. I always stray away but come back over and over again. At times I would put almost any of the guys on the list up there. Who is the guy from the 80s that playes on a double neck guitar and tapped the entire time on both necks?

Michael Angelo Batio?

It is very easy to confuse being a good guitar player with being able wank off on a guitar. Quite a few of the players that have been mentioned are good, but they are usually only talked about on these lists because...well, they are always on these lists. I'm not gonna say that any of them really suck. They can all play circle around me. Hell, the only chord I'm really good at is a palm muted E5. I will, however, say that many are overrated and kinda suck donkey butt. :D

Edited by sirveyr

Speaking of Black Sabbath, Tony Iommi was pretty alright too!

I know he is another one that should be up there, like I said there were only 16 spots. I changed 3 spots to reflect some of the guitar players you wanted to vote for, but wasn't up. The ones I took out had not recieved a vote....

Edited by Sean Gaines