Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW from Firebird

bigbrowndog

At SHOT, they had a Carbon fiber handguard that was easily the lightest one I've seen, and if I recall correctly it will retrofit to your existing barrel forend nut, it was very cool.

Cats out of the bag now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trapr

You guys just look me up if you want to try one over just hear about it.

first in line - first in line = I have been camping out inline for this one

Edited by AlamoShooter

Uhhh...it is a Tech-Wear...Tech-fore-end part and you will all have to wait your turn as the Tech-Wear folks have first dibbs :D This is a darn cool accessory! and I applaud Bob for coming up with the next cool thing! KurtM

Glad you like it Kurt. As of now, no-one should have to wait, I have enough parts to make a lot of them. We'll tell you more about where it came from when it is officially for sale. They are in Firebird and JP configurations, with others in process if demand is there.

Edited by MarkCO

Damn, missed this at SHOT.

Anyone have any pics of the handguard? Any specs - total weight with barrel nut/collar/etc, and price?

I posted a photo in this thread: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121475&st=0&p=1376498&fromsearch=1entry1376498

That is a pre-production unit we used for some testing, but the production units look the same.

I do not think retail price has been set yet, but I think folks will be happy with the price. We'll get technical specs released very soon. If you have a JP hand guard, you just remove the aluminum tube and install this new CF tube, as illustrated in the photo. If you want a JP nut to go with a tube for a complete hand guard, you will have to go to JP for the nut and extension.

I stand corrected this is a design by MarkCo, not Tech-Wear. My appologies to Mark.

No appologies required. The conceptual idea is definately from Bob at Techwear, and he was/is still an integral part of the process. There were/are several others involved as well. Again, we'll post the genesis when it is available for sale.

MarkCO - can you tell us whether the handguard is drilled to accept the JP/VTAC small rail sections for mounting lights/foregrip/sling mount etc?

Sure...What will be available, as of Tuesday Feb 1, are standard length and long tubes that have holes at the distal end for sling studs at the 90, 180 and 270 degree positions. We have several more variations that may be produced if the demand warrants.

MarkCO - can you tell us whether the handguard is drilled to accept the JP/VTAC small rail sections for mounting lights/foregrip/sling mount etc?

Grams Engineering will be the exclusive Custom Shop for custom configurations. Give him some time to work with the tubes before you ask him pricing and options.

There is more information in our dealer forum and on our website.