Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

I'm not implying anything. I'm just asking questions. I'm just curious as to how many brothers were shooting? Isn't this a invitational competition? I'm new to the sport.

Jamal

It's an open event. Send in an application with the appropriate fee and you shoot the match.

Your assumption and insinuation that attendees are allowed to shoot, and especially that a decision to allow someone to shoot would be based on race is asinine and amounts to race-baiting.

Words mean things. Choose them carefully.

Please answer all of my questions. How many? I'm not implying anything. You sound insecure. I am just trying to gather statistical data to promote the sport among minority groups. Some of these kids would be better shooting on the range then the streets. Ya feel me?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not implying anything. I'm just asking questions. I'm just curious as to how many brothers were shooting? Isn't this a invitational competition? I'm new to the sport.

Jamal

It's an open event. Send in an application with the appropriate fee and you shoot the match.

Your assumption and insinuation that attendees are allowed to shoot, and especially that a decision to allow someone to shoot would be based on race is asinine and amounts to race-baiting.

Please answer all of my questions. How many? I'm not implying anything. You sound insecure. I am just trying to gather statistical data to promote the sport among minority groups. Some of these kids would be better shooting on the range then the streets. Ya feel me?

Okay, Jamal....

First, we don't have that information here. In fact, I doubt it exists. For your reference the official match website is:

http://www.straighte...LLC/Pro-Am.html

Second, this sport doesn't track participation based on race. We really don't care about a competitor's race, or creed, or religion. We only care whether you were safe, and had fun. That's it.

If race is important to you, that focus is the only thing that places you in a minority status with us. The rest of us really couldn't care less.

Any results, when available (and apparently they are not yet) will be posted on the above site, with a possible link here.

If you desire any additional information regarding the ethnic origins of the competitors at that event, I strongly suggest you contact the Match Director at the site linked above and drop it from this thread.

Jamal

I've never seen race/ethnicity listed on an entry form. I doubt anybody took a headcount.

Shooting sports in the US usually have some racial diversity.

I shoot on a regular basis with whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, middle easterners, cajuns, texans, yankees, you name it.

Aside from whites, I'd say that asians are the next largest demographic.

But, I shot a major match last weekend, which was won by a black gentleman. (Ron Brown)

Most of us gun-geeks are more interested in what gun a competitor is using, rather than his skin color.

FWIW, I'm an old fat white guy.

Please, don't perpetuate this issue with additional responses decrying the myths he presents. It's wasted effort.

Let it go.

Dave is a machine! Congrats to him and all the other class/division winners. I hope I get the chance to shoot the ProAm one of these days!

You have a link to results?

Not yet. Just what Ive heard from guys on the ground in sunny FL.

Dave is a machine! Congrats to him and all the other class/division winners. I hope I get the chance to shoot the ProAm one of these days!

So, this "Dave" you're referring to....is that Sevigny, or.....?

Yessir. Thats the word. Ill link up as soon as I see the results up.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least!

Dave's a local for us and often shows up at our matches. Besides being one of the best shooters to ever fondle a blaster, he's just a genuinely nice guy and a pleasure to be around, shooting or not.

When I grow up, I want to be just like him.

:D

That wouldn't surprise me in the least!

Dave's a local for us and often shows up at our matches. Besides being one of the best shooters to ever fondle a blaster, he's just a genuinely nice guy and a pleasure to be around, shooting or not.

When I grow up, I want to be just like him.

:D

Ive heard nothing but good about him and man can he shoot. Very great ambassador for our sport. Hope to meet him in person one of these days...

J,

Your comments here are, in my opinion, a little out of line. Your race, whatever it may be, has no bearing to any conversations taking place on this forum. I have found pistol shooters to be about the least race-sensitive group of guys Ive ever been around.

I shoot with guys of many races and backgrounds. Forget about skin color and bring your guys to a match. As long as they are safe, they are welcome.

Make friends on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here. The mods work hard to keep this place on track and operating within the forum guidelines.

No go have fun and shoot!

Better ban this jprimetime soon. Hate to see him beaten by the mods...

If I am banned from this forum, I will contact the NAACP for racial prejudice. Enough with all this. Please stop with your hate. We can all get along. I am from Georgis and we coming out to the local matches soon. I hope I am embraced with welcoming arms. Thank you, Jamal.

Where's that damn "eating popcorn" emoticon when you need it?? :cheers:

Where's that damn "eating popcorn" emoticon when you need it?? :cheers:

trolling, trolling, over the ocean blue......

<Check out the profile>

FWIW,this is a great match. We should focus on the shooters and action that happened there and not get drawn into a sideshow by someone yanking chains. Where can we find results?

Shooting is a race neutral sport. No one cares about your color,race or religion. Bring your A game and compete equally.

Repeat:

Please, don't perpetuate this issue with additional responses decrying the myths he presents. It's wasted effort.

Let it go.

Well, I had a blast. I didn't shoot worth a darn, but that's ok. I took home a neat prize anyway for my poor showing(plus I won a really neat prize for helping on Sunday). I met some good people from here on the forum, and I absorbed a lot of good information from folks who shoot a heck of a lot better than me.

Watching the pro's compete really amazed me. I helped them reset their steel all day to keep things flowing, and it sure was fun watching them push each other in a friendly competition. A three-way tie breaker for the Pro-limited finale, plus another tie breaker for 4th/5th spot. To top it all, B.J. Norris had a smoking fast run on the tie-breaker stage with an 8.8x raw time, just for the fun of it. (Half the pro-squad didn't have any ties to break, but went ahead and shot the stage anyway). Norris dropped 20 steel in 8.8 seconds and he did it flawlessly.

The devious baseball stage so much fun, both for the limited and the open guys. Manny Bragg took the bragging rights for shooting the "homerun" in both open and limited. He was the only one to do it at all let alone twice, although B.J. Norris was right there with a chance at a shot in Limited, but didn't get it on target fast enough.

The entire event was spectacular. Phil put together an amazing venue. If you missed it this year, put it on your calender for next year.

Edited by Mr. B

Well, I had a blast. I didn't shoot worth a darn, but that's ok. I took home a neat prize anyway for my poor showing(plus I won a really neat prize for helping on Sunday). I met some good people from here on the forum, and I absorbed a lot of good information from folks who shoot a heck of a lot better than me.

Watching the pro's compete really amazed me. I helped them reset their steel all day to keep things flowing, and it sure was fun watching them push each other in a friendly competition. A three-way tie breaker for the Pro-limited finale, plus another tie breaker for 4th/5th spot. To top it all, B.J. Norris had a smoking fast run on the tie-breaker stage with an 8.8x raw time, just for the fun of it. (Half the pro-squad didn't have any ties to break, but went ahead and shot the stage anyway). Norris dropped 20 steel in 8.8 seconds and he did it flawlessly.

The devious baseball stage so much fun, both for the limited and the open guys. Manny Bragg took the bragging rights for shooting the "homerun" in both open and limited. He was the only one to do it at all let alone twice, although B.J. Norris was right there with a chance at a shot in Limited, but didn't get it on target fast enough.

The entire event was spectacular. Phil put together an amazing venue. If you missed it this year, put it on your calender for next year.

And you had a front-row seat!

:cheers:

Coolness....