Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Fire Control Problem

moto727

Im running into an issue fitting a JP fire control group. Ive got it all installed, adjusted and it works fine with the safety out of the gun. when i install the safety, the hammer wont fall and the trigger hardly moves. Ive taken about 4 thousandths off the back of the trigger were it contacts the safety and still no luck. The lower is a Tac Innovations. Has anyone else had this problem?

Moto

when you set up a JP trigger one screw is the engagement of the primary sear

When you run that screw down, you are raising the tail of the trigger..in relation to the safety

This reduces contact on the sear...in effect pulling the trigger

You have to measure how much the trigger now encroaches on the safety...and fit ether the safety or trigger tail

I do not like file to fit the safety..it takes too much time

We use JPs safety with those triggers...but you do have to install the safety trunion Before the trigger.

not the adjustment screw, just the trunion

Jim

Moto

when you set up a JP trigger one screw is the engagement of the primary sear

When you run that screw down, you are raising the tail of the trigger..in relation to the safety

This reduces contact on the sear...in effect pulling the trigger

You have to measure how much the trigger now encroaches on the safety...and fit ether the safety or trigger tail

I do not like file to fit the safety..it takes too much time

We use JPs safety with those triggers...but you do have to install the safety trunion Before the trigger.

Jim

These threads just scare me. I don't speak in trigger tongue. I've built a couple rifles so far, but I've sent my lowers to JP (Two of them TI lowers as well) to have them install the trigger. I sleep better at night.

CALL THEM!! The last rifle I bought last spring and they built from a lower started acting up and I called them. Turns out the guy who did the trigger didnt locktite the set screws. BTW you can go online and watch vidios on how to install them. Anyway after I watched the vidio and called them I sat on the phone while the tech talked me thru adjusting the trigger. Now its perfect. At least they can tell you if its an install issue or something else before you possibly make a costly mistake.

Im running into an issue fitting a JP fire control group. Ive got it all installed, adjusted and it works fine with the safety out of the gun. when i install the safety, the hammer wont fall and the trigger hardly moves. Ive taken about 4 thousandths off the back of the trigger were it contacts the safety and still no luck. The lower is a Tac Innovations. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yep, all the time. No big deal, you have 3 options 1) Read the instruction again because it went into great details on fitting this last part, then take it back out and file the tail of the trigger to clear the safety as instructed, 2)If you're afraid of doing this to the trigger, then order a JP adjustable safety, 3) Call JP as other have said. FYI, I've taken up as much as 2 mm off the top of the trigger tail to get it to clear the safety, just go slow because once you filed it down, can't put that metal back in (however, a bail out solution if this happens is the adjustable safety so there's your backup plan.)

Moto

...I do not like file to fit the safety..it takes too much time

Jim

Yes fitting the safety is a PITA, and the JP safety sure is a time saver! :cheers:

I just installed JP newest trigger kit, the FCJP-EZ, and it is much easier than the older JP fire control kit.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.1_ezt.php