Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check out what I did today!

DonovanM

This looks like a pretty innocent target array right? Hard to mess up? (The hits shown aren't mine)

IMG_0012.jpg

NOT TODAY...

IMG_0014.jpg

1 Alpha, 1 Mike, 2 No shoot. Couldn't do it again if I tried.

:roflol:

Edited by DonovanM

Looks like something I would do--good shot

Thanks. I seem to like aiming for the letter "A" on the target (all the time) and it's gotten me in trouble before.

I would be in tears

I was... with laughter. If I was any good I'd probably be more upset, but I thought it was hilarious :D

BOOM, HEADSHOT! (But not exactly the kind you want) :lol:

My heart was beatin, my hands were shakin, but I was STILL makin the headshots! :D

Hey head shot is a head shot right it is not your fault the hostage got in the way. :)

That should be a good lesson to not index onto the center of mass of the targets. If you change your default aiming point to the upper quarter of the lower A zone almost all of these partial target senarios go away. I always aim for the upper quarter of the lower A zone on every target even if its a fully open target.

The next time you go to a match, look at all of the partial targets. 95% of them will still have the upper quarter of the lower A zone still exposed. If thats your normal aiming point then you will only have to deviate away from your aiming point 5% of the time :ph34r:

That should be a good lesson to not index onto the center of mass of the targets. If you change your default aiming point to the upper quarter of the lower A zone almost all of these partial target senarios go away. I always aim for the upper quarter of the lower A zone on every target even if its a fully open target.

The next time you go to a match, look at all of the partial targets. 95% of them will still have the upper quarter of the lower A zone still exposed. If thats your normal aiming point then you will only have to deviate away from your aiming point 5% of the time :ph34r:

hhhhhmmmmmmmmm, I like.

You're completely right, and that is my issue - aiming for where I think the letter "A" is. I'll have to remember to start doing that next time I practice.

It would help if I could actually see what I was shooting at, my goddamn stock sights have the POI so I have to hold over what I want to hit at normal IPSC distances.

Are you pushing forward?

What do you mean, do I want to quit the sport because of this? Hell no. I didn't pay for a five year membership to have a tantrum and never shoot again after %#*#ing up. I've done the same thing before anyway :D