Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 AR Section Handgun Championship

Hello Shooter

Great news! The Arkansas Section Handgun Championship is coming up in a few months. CASA will be hosting the match again this year. The RO’s will shoot on Friday, April 29. The competitors will shoot on Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1. We have 12 great stages planned with around 275+ rounds, and soon as Tom Loyd and John Amidon sign off on the stages, I’ll post them here and to CASA’s website. We will run 8 stages on Saturday and 4 stages on Sunday. Lunch will be provided for all competitors on Saturday. Sunday, you’re own you own. Prizes and awards will be shortly after the last shot on Sunday. Match fee is $100 for a day and a half of shooting. Hotel deals are at two great places in Little Rock;

Candlewood Suites West Little Rock

10520 West Markham Street

Little Rock, AR 72205

Tel. 501-975-3800 Fax. 501-975-1500

8 King Studio Suites @ $75.00 + Tax

10 Double Studio Suites @ $85.00 + Tax

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Springhill Suites Little Rock

306 Markham Center Drive

Little Rock, AR 72205

Tel. 501-978-6000 Fax. 501-978-6010

20 Kings with Full size pull out sleeper @ 85.00 + Tax

Good from 4/26/2010 to 5/1/2010

Cutoff date for special rate is 4/20/2010

Shooters to make their own reservations

I’ve attached the entry form and Waiver of Liability. Any questions please direct to me, Ron Johnston or Bob Houston, the Match Director.

2011_AR_Handgun_Championship.pdf

See ya on the range

Ron Johnston

CASA

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people are signed up for this one?

stages posted anywhere?

+1

The stages will posted here in a week or so. Sorry for the delay on getting them up here. This match usally has 80-115 shooters, every year is different. It is always a great match.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

I finally have the stages confirmed, read 'em and weap.

There is about 2 weeks until the late charges apply, so get your app and waiver in asap with your squad requests written in on the bottom of the app.

I had to break the file into 3 peices. The second and third peice is under this post.

Thanks

Ron

2011 AR Section Handgun Champ Stages 1of3.pdf

Edited by ipscron2000

I'm in.

What's for lunch?

I'd guess cheeseburgers and those great Nathan's hot dogs like last year. Also beans, potato salad, chips ect... If you are in my division and class, you can have a second helping of everything. :P

Ron

Will we get an email conformation when our apps are received? I sent mine in a couple weeks ago and I don't want to show up and hear......."Tim who???" :D

Edited by tpcdvc

• 2 weeks later...

The Little Rock area might get some rain during the match, so this is a reminder for everyone to bring their rain gear and shower caps for their guns. You can check the weather before you come to the match using this zip code; 72126.

See ya

Ron

Atleast even after the tornadoes and rain last year the footing at the range was still awesome!!

Yeah, the range drains real quick. Most of the ground is rock or gravel so your footing is pretty good in bad weather.

Any idea how long someone might be at the range

Friday Evening either to register and or look over the stages?

I am not sure how long we will be there Friday. Call me when you are ready to come out and I'll let you know. 501-804-4726 cell

Ron Johnston